Stop balancing for pvp

#1 - June 20, 2011, 6:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I am getting so sick and tired of all the changes to classes based solely on pvp. The change to soul swap's glyph for instance, is something that helped affliction in 5 mans keep their dps up when there was multiple targets, now there is a 30 second cool-down, because of pvp.

If you want to balance pvp, make abilities do two separate things, one for pve, one for pvp, instead of constantly gimping pve for the sake of pvp.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#247 - June 21, 2011, 1:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This was "addressed" in the first paragraph of the recent 4.2 balance blog by Ghostcrawler: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2956383#blog

If you haven't read it yet, I recommend it.

I put quotations around addressed as I doubt any explanation given will make anyone feel totally satisfied unless we actually make the change to completely separate how the game works in PvE vs PvP at very fundamental levels.

But, because we don't have any plans to do so at this time, we'd at least like to address perceptions that we're making balance changes in complete disregard for one or the other, which just isn't true. As the blog says, if we nerfed you in PvE, it's because we wanted to nerf you in PvE.

If people want to discuss the actual issues surrounding what it would require to take such a step, the pros and cons, and do so in a level-headed and constructive manner, we welcome the discussion. Anything other than that is going to put you on the fast track to a forum vacation. People are getting too nasty in here, and we're bringing down hammers.

Hammers are being brought'n.