Different 41 point elem raid talent please!

#0 - Oct. 22, 2006, 11:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The current 3% is pretty awful and barely justifies having a shaman doing ranged DPS in a raid instead of taking another mage.

Now for enhancement, a group will get more DPS out of having 4 damage dealers (rogues/warriors) and a shaman than 5 pure damage dealers.

For a resto shaman a group gets more advantage in terms of regen and additional cool abilities from the resto shaman than just taking another priest or druid.

So when we come to elemental tree it would be good to have the elem shaman boosting the group further than another mage for example. In fact with our new totem that boosts spell damage we are probably just about worthwhie taking but then any shaman can put this down so having a resto shaman in a mage group putting down this totem and also giving mana tide as well as being an awesome healer makes an elem shaman pretty redundant.

Currently if we're going to take 3 shamans in a raid the optimum would probably be 2 resto shamans and an enhancement shaman.

To fix this I simply suggest making the 41 point talent a 'on hit' boost to the group rather than a totem.

How this would work is that on every offensive damage spell that hits (would be LB in almost all cases) the group gets a buff of 1-2% damage (depending on what is fair after testing) that stacks up to 5 times.

If we say this is 2% for the group a shaman would give up to a maximum of a 10% boost in damage to the group. The buff would disappear after 10 secs of not causing an offensive damage spell to hit.

As it is the totem is really really bad. Firstly a 3% crit is equal to a 3% damage increase on direct spells (so warlocks dots ect wouldn't even get helped by this) and this is only for people with talents that give a double crit instead of 1.5 crit like a warlocks ruin for example. For other talent builds it's even less damage increase.
Secondly you don't really want people critting more. It's unlucky to end up critting 3 times in a row in pve and taking aggro from the tank causing a wipe so a straight damage increase would be nicer.

So blizz please consider my idea. Also if any shamans considering elem for raiding want to show their support let me know what you think.
#28 - Oct. 27, 2006, 8:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The current 3% is pretty awful and barely justifies having a shaman doing ranged DPS in a raid instead of taking another mage.

So what do you think of the latest change?
Q u o t e:
Totem of Wrath - Now "...increases the chance to hit and critically hit with spells by 3% to all..."

I know you have written about it on the forum already, it would just be nice to gather the feedback in one place :)
#103 - Oct. 31, 2006, 4:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Blizzard, you have SO much feedback in this thread alone about the curent feelings/problem with the Totem of Wrath. Could it not be taken into account? People make the effort to write these posts, so could you please take the effort to read it AND take it into account.

Of course we read it, and I want to thank you for the feedback (a lot to read when coming back from the weekend :)). Unfortunately we don't have any new information for you at this time regarding the elemental tree.