We are the only class without cc!

#0 - Jan. 6, 2007, 5:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This a request to all the frustrated shaman pls spam this forums with new topics everyday about the fact that we are the only class that has no way to take another oponent out fo action for even the shortest period of time !! Maybe just maybe if this forun has 10 new topics every day about this prob someone will listen ( doubt it though )
#62 - Jan. 9, 2007, 1:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Then I will keep posting the same answer: the lack of crowd control is this class' weakness, and every class should have a weakness.

True. Shamans are intended to not have access to easy crowd control. Not every class is meant to have the same capabilities as every other class.
#222 - March 1, 2007, 7:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello again, just thought you might be interested in a similar discussion on the US board:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=79225189&pageNo=1&sid=1#3

Tseric says:
Q u o t e:
I think this'll be a long standing contention because the devs don't want to copy/paste a CC ability and the players have built it up as a necessity. Sometimes repeating a thing over and over makes it true in the mind.

Sometimes this strikes me the same as people saying 'My survivability in PVP is terrible'. I think I've practically heard every single class petition that as a primary class concern at one time or another. It sounds reasonable on the face, but doesn't make sense the more you look into it. Granted, this isn't really the same situation, but I think the collective might be so adamant as a collective decision, not necessarily based on the merit of the claim, itself.

Sorry for the copy paste, but it's a bit busy here at the moment but I still thought you might be interested in this ;)
#226 - March 1, 2007, 7:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
That seems like a bit of an evasive answer from Tseric if you ask me O.o

Well, he says kind of what I said early in this thread, but with nicer words and maybe a bit less blunt... ;)