PTR testing, WF+FB best weapon enchant combo.

#0 - Dec. 2, 2006, 9:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi there fellow shamans.

After testing different weapon enchants on test realm i concluded best weapon combo is WF on main hand and frostbrand on offhand. There are several reasons for this:

1) offhand 50% dmg penaltie lowers WF and rockbiter damage, but in same time don't lower frostbrand damage. In best scenario offhand WF crit can give you 1k damage, but in same ammount of time you will get 3-4 FB procs on offhand that will give you arround same dmg and your target will be slowed down. So FB is more reliable damage for offhand weapon in any way, as i see it.

2) on level 68 shamans get new rank of FB:

Imbue the Shaman's weapon with frost. Each hit has a chance of causing 215 additional Frost damage and slowing the target's movement speed to 25% for 8 sec. Lasts 30 minutes.

That means we get weapon proc that slows target by 75% of it's original speed? It's insane PVP buff imo, and one more reason why FB is superior offhand buff compared to WF.

3) Then, why don't use flametounge on offhand, it's more reliable? Well, flametongue don't work good on slow weapons, like FB does, and we wannt slow weapons in offhand for good SS damage.

WF is very good now with 40% elemental weapons buff, but even buffed it stays only king for 2h or main hand weapon enchant. On offhand WF is just not good enough. (PTR is kinda bugged, wf proc rate is bugged as well, so my testing with offhand WF is not precise enough.)

I'm intrested what you all think from your own expierence, especialy people that had chance to test this on newest version of game on beta servers.

EDIT:

4) Additional advantage FB over rockbiter and WF is that WF and Rockbiter have damage mitigation thru armor. That means when you hiting plate target your damage of WF attacks on offhand going arround 50% more down. FB stays same you hit warrior or mage. FB can't be dodged, parried like WF attacks but can be resisted. Still, it seems resist are very rare, and dodges, parries on WF attacks happens all the time.
#59 - Dec. 4, 2006, 3:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Interesting numbers ;)

I like this kind of testing, keep up the good job!