Bye bye downranking WF :(

Forum Avatar
#0 - March 2, 2007, 12:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
R.I.P

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=79216389&sid=1

Quote Tseric:

Q u o t e:
I always know how to break the news, cause I rarely candy-coat.

Downranking Windfury on two weapons to gain separate cooldowns is a bug with a fix incoming. This means down-ranking on different weapons will no longer stagger cooldowns. The devs want this bug resolved, as it has been a primary source of unintended Enhancement DPS, which they have seen as excessive. Enhancement DPS has been high in many situations and this is something they want to tone down. When this change goes live, it will lend itself to that end, rather than the devs having to look for direct changes to Enh. DPS. Good chance they will still be watching this aspect of Shaman after the bug fix is implemented.

While I may be sorry to say as much, there you have it.
#53 - March 2, 2007, 1:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
R.I.P
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=79216389&sid=1

Thanks for posting this, and sorry I didn't have time to do it sooner (people in the office are sick and I'm on late shift so didn't have time to see this myself until now). It would be good if you copied the whole post though, easier for people to read. Tseric has posted some other replies as well.

Please leave the curses out, it's perfectly possible to discuss this without them.
#57 - March 2, 2007, 1:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Ommra, I doubt you'll read this and/or have time and/or patience to do this, but I have a request I'd like to place.

What is the reason behind the 3s cooldown involve both hands? Shouldn't the cooldown affect just 1 of the hands? It would make sense that way, but having a 3s cooldown of 2 independant buffs on 2 independant weapons just doesn't sound right.

Is there any chance, any possibility at all that we could get a "why" from the devs?

Thanks in advance.

Snorkle

p.s. I don't agree this is the end of shamans as many here are stating, but I can't help it, this makes me wonder. I can't fathom a single reason why this cooldown should link both hands (and both buffs). And I hate stuff I cannot comprehend and that doesn't make sense...

Hey Snorkle,

As pointed out the developers feel it renders too much DPS, and I assume that is why the cooldown affects both weapons. I can see if I can get a reply with an in depth analysis, but I suspect this is the meaning of the cooldown. As I mentioned a few days ago Windfury weapon has always meant to have a 3 sec cooldown on it's proc.
#58 - March 2, 2007, 1:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Q u o t e:
Please leave the curses out, it's perfectly possible to discuss this without them.
I wish i could :/

You just did :)
#61 - March 2, 2007, 2:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
And quoting Tseric's posts below, to make the information easily accessible for everyone without having to go to the US board:
Q u o t e:
I always know how to break the news, cause I rarely candy-coat.

Downranking Windfury on two weapons to gain separate cooldowns is a bug with a fix incoming. This means down-ranking on different weapons will no longer stagger cooldowns. The devs want this bug resolved, as it has been a primary source of unintended Enhancement DPS, which they have seen as excessive.

Enhancement DPS has been high in many situations and this is something they want to tone down. When this change goes live, it will lend itself to that end, rather than the devs having to look for direct changes to Enh. DPS. Good chance they will still be watching this aspect of Shaman after the bug fix is implemented.

While I may be sorry to say as much, there you have it.

Q u o t e:
Q u o t e:
Is the 3 second cooldown not suppose to be there (earlier confirmed as intended)?

The 3 second cooldown is supposed to be there.
Q u o t e:
Is the off-hand SUPPOSE to share a cooldown, and the work-around to this not intended?

Yes, the off-hand is supposed to share the cooldown.
Q u o t e:
Is the 3 second cooldown causing the 'quad' Windfury procs, and this is what the devs are saying is creating too much dps?

The down-ranking and circumvention of the full 3 second cooldown was something causing extra DPS, as you gain more procs overall in the same time-frame.

Again, sorry for the copy-paste but it's a bit hectic over here :(