SHAMANS DO NOT NEED A CC

#0 - March 27, 2007, 4:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Read all of post b4 criticizing

Shaman's do not need a CC. It is one of the disadvantages to our class and to b honest its quite a minor 1, so stop complaining.

However i must admit we are severely underpowered at the moment with no way to protect ourselves at all. Being an elemental shaman really highlighted this issue as when eva another player specifically tried to kill me, be it warrior, mage, hunter i could not stop him from damaging me, my only hope was to try and out dps him which hardly ever happens mainly because of circumstances (interrupts, stuns cast time, etc)

Warrior charging me + hamstring = me dead.
Hunter hits me + silence or me not being able to even cast anything = me dead
Rogue + stunlock = DEAD
Mage, warlock ... you get the picture

What we need is something that Nullifies and prevents dmg to us and our party members. A shield of some kind similar to a priests shield or a mages mana shield. But we use our totems to protect us not just a simple self cast.

I'm thinking about totems that work along the lines of stoneskin, windwall and grounding.

Few suggestions.

- a totem that reduces the dmg on you by a percentage. Say a totem that prevents us from losing more then 10% health in 1 hit (i.e if u ave 7k health u cannot lose more then 700 health in hit). Anything over the 10% the totem absorbs. Let the totem absorb a total of 1000 dmg.

e.g. pyroblast hits u for what would of been 1500dmg. you only lose 700 health and the totem absorbs 800 dmg.

- a totem that works exactly like grounding except it works on physical effects. for example it redicrects a stun or a rend.

- a totem that absorbs 3000 dmg from the caster and his ally's. iIs not much and u can even put its on a 15-30sec timer. Just something to slow down the constant stream of dmg.

- a reflection totem that should b on a large CD. Reflects all dmg on the caster and his ally's for 5 secs.

- a totem like mana tide but for health. Put this on a 5min CD.

These totems will benefit all shamans enhance, elemental and resto.

While i'm writing this i might as well give suggestion about our mana. Mana is also a big problem for resto shamans. Could you please give them a battery spell that also involves totems.

totemic recall is very nice but could you give us another skill that is on a 5min timer. The new skill would pick up all totems and gain around 350% of there total mana cost.

a shield that for a period of time we gain X amount of mana times the amount of current totems we ave out.

or could we ave a mana vault totem which has X amount of mana and we could leach it via clicking it. (basically lightwell but gives mana instead)

i hope you like these ideas i tries to incorporate what shamans are and how they play into them.

<Wraithshaman>
#26 - March 28, 2007, 1:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I once had a budgie and its name was CAPS... it died :-(