Kicked for being gay.

#1 - June 16, 2011, 12:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So I'm not like some homosexuals who spout their orientation, but if someone asks, I'll tell. (I'm not really ashamed of it, but I realize it makes people uncomfortable) But the guild topic one day was pretty interesting: who is the hottest celebrity, so I accidentally mentioned Johnny Depp (and Bradly Cooper), and they swarmed at me like a nest of angry bees after Winnie the Pooh.
So drama ensues, and I was later kicked, luggage and all with a hobo knapsack. It was rather disheartening, knowing a few close friends stopped talking to me for it. But...the biggest question would be:

Can I report them (or guild?) for abuse or something? Or delicately pepper a ticket to make it spicy enough for revenge?
Am I vindictive? Yes. :P
Is it healthy to be so? No. :D
#1 - June 16, 2011, 12:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So I'm not like some homosexuals who spout their orientation, but if someone asks, I'll tell. (I'm not really ashamed of it, but I realize it makes people uncomfortable) But the guild topic one day was pretty interesting: who is the hottest celebrity, so I accidentally mentioned Johnny Depp (and Bradly Cooper), and they swarmed at me like a nest of angry bees after Winnie the Pooh.
So drama ensues, and I was later kicked, luggage and all with a hobo knapsack. It was rather disheartening, knowing a few close friends stopped talking to me for it. But...the biggest question would be:

Can I report them (or guild?) for abuse or something? Or delicately pepper a ticket to make it spicy enough for revenge?
Am I vindictive? Yes. :P
Is it healthy to be so? No. :D
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#24 - June 16, 2011, 12:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have to admit, I saw the title of the thread and that it was 2 pages when it was moved from General and I thought it would be filled with negative trolling posts.

I am pleasantly surprised and very glad to see the support instead. For that reason I'll unlock the thread as soon as I post this. I will continue to monitor it though so please make sure all commentary remains constructive, anything else will be met with my version of angry bees.

As the others have stated, Yellowz, we do not interfere with the basic running of a guild. A guild may invite or kick anyone for any reason or no reason at all, even if such motivation is less than enlightened.

Any personal contact that otherwise may violate our Terms of Use, derogatory name calling, etc... can be reported via an in-game petition though and will be addressed appropriately.

I wish you all the best though in finding a guild that you fit in better with. :)
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#24 - June 16, 2011, 12:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have to admit, I saw the title of the thread and that it was 2 pages when it was moved from General and I thought it would be filled with negative trolling posts.

I am pleasantly surprised and very glad to see the support instead. For that reason I'll unlock the thread as soon as I post this. I will continue to monitor it though so please make sure all commentary remains constructive, anything else will be met with my version of angry bees.

As the others have stated, Yellowz, we do not interfere with the basic running of a guild. A guild may invite or kick anyone for any reason or no reason at all, even if such motivation is less than enlightened.

Any personal contact that otherwise may violate our Terms of Use, derogatory name calling, etc... can be reported via an in-game petition though and will be addressed appropriately.

I wish you all the best though in finding a guild that you fit in better with. :)
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#82 - June 16, 2011, 2:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I am Borisa...

You are welcome to you opinion, Borisa, but simply having one doesn't mean you need to share it, especially when it is not appropriate. Doing so in this manner is considered trolling as it is posting simply to stir things up.

The subject of why someone is the way they are is entirely irrelevant and not a discussion which is appropriate for these forums.

Unfortunately, folks, it seems that we are unable to have nice things without others wishing to cause strife so I'll need to lock this thread.

Thank you everyone who added positively to this thread and I wish you all well.