Elementals

#0 - Aug. 29, 2006, 4:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The Elemental Idea is good imho, they have gone a decent direction (and lets face it, they could have given us nothing). It fits our lore, our quests and our current skills. But i must ask more in-depth questions about the elementals at this point.
Such as :
- Will the elemental come up as a Pet or will it be a Guardian that is un-controllable.
- Will the elemental be independant of the totem, i mean that if you totem is destroyed the elemental goes away.
- If the above is no, will their health bars be tied. Hurt one and the totem goes down leading to the elemental dieing aswell.
- What abilities will the Elementals have? Earth = Taunt? Sunder Armor?, Fire = Rain of Fire? Scorch?

If the totem is destroyable (like 5 health or something) then i do beleive that this is a step backwards, you have given us an alright abiliy but tied it to the totem so much so that you could wand the totem, hit it with low rank skill, tap it, and then the elemental (along with 680 mana) is gone.

From the Screenshot shown on the website, it also seems that the Fire elemental casts an aura :O /random
#9 - Oct. 31, 2006, 3:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
- What abilities will the Elementals have? Earth = Taunt? Sunder Armor?, Fire = Rain of Fire? Scorch?

The Greater Fire Elemental has Fire Blast, Fire Nova, Fire Shield and is immune to Fire.

The Greater Earth Elemental causes high threat and has an area effect threat ability, has high armor and is immune to Nature.
#63 - April 25, 2007, 2:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
This is just thread necromancy now

And this thread is locked for that very reason.