Shaman CC idea

#0 - Oct. 11, 2007, 9:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just a thought, I thought I'd share the idea and see what everyone thinks, perhaps get a blue tag on it if you think it's any good...

New spell - Petrification, level 70 instant cast, 20 yard range, 30 second cooldown.
Turns your target to stone for 10 seconds rendering them immobile, cannot attack or cast spells whilst petrified. Only one target can be affected by Petrification at a time.

It should be similar to Cyclone in that; we can't damage a petrified foe but it gives us a chance to heal/get range/drop the totems which just got nuked by rank 1 spells.

I didn't want to make it overpowered as it won't even get looked and even if it did, it'd be nerfed in the following patch, the duration and cooldown might need tweaking (and a mana cost added ofc).

So, any ideas?

Edit - Bah, typos.
#2 - Oct. 12, 2007, 11:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
In relation to CC for your Shaman, Eyonix said this on the U.S. forums recently:
Q u o t e:
As one of the above posters mentioned, crowd control may become available to the shaman in some form for Wrath of the Lich King, but nothing is planned before then.

Source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2288042116&postId=22876875737&sid=1#5