Shaman class too weak on ptr

Forum Avatar
#0 - Nov. 19, 2006, 2:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
so i've played a few arena matches

the results are far from positive, paladins kill me without me able to do anything back hunters shoot ~50% of my hp at once .... i think it's time to reroll
#31 - Nov. 21, 2006, 2:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You guys...really ...damn you make me smile a bit
For along time now you have had little to no trouble dishing very respectably damage, aswell as healing quite alot in a very short amount of time.

You say your damage doesnt cut it on PTR?
How can that be possibly when hp hasnt even started to scale with the new gear yet?

Your damage is the same as always, perhaps even better with the new talents so you shouldnt complain really...

I play a paladin myself, for some reason i couldnt pick him for this post...nvm that though.
What i have learned on PTR is that everyone bar perhaps warriors (poor guys) have recieved a quite decent damage boost. Whats the key to winning now then?

We just have to adapt to the new skills, it will take time, it will make people frustrated. But we shall overcome yaddayaddayadda.

Basically i think we need to heal earlier while using our newskills to dish out aswell as we recieve.

And as the CM´s have said countless times, its STILL beta...chill for awhile and dont choke yourselfs calling nerf this or nerf that, just makes you sound like kids.

Lately paladins have behaved on our forums, druids and mages scream bloody murder and warriors are considering group suicide tactics, dont join them Shamans, your above that.

I was in the middle of writing an answer similar to this one, however I would have made a different choice of words. But I will quote this instead to save a little time :-)

Please try to remember that the Buning Crusade is still in beta and things are getting tweaked and changed quite often still, so the way things look now on the PTRs and the Beta is not the same as how they will look when the expansion is released.

What I am trying to say is basically this: Try not to spend too much energy comparing future content with the content currently available. Many things can happen still before the Burning Crusade is released and many things will most likely continue to be tweaked and changed afterwards as well.
#40 - Nov. 21, 2006, 4:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

pretty please Van could you get someone to listen to us when we say elemental needs a little more tweaking. there's so many minor improvements they need.

we're also the only class without a Stun or Crowd Control. a paladin says about "learning to heal sooner" but keep in mind he has shield and hammer of justice. we just have to heal and hope to god we dont get A) silenced or B) stunned.

however, crowd control isnt my main concern. my main concern is the elemental talent tree (even though im enhancement). at the moment elemental shamans dont have a "reason" to dps like enhance shamans. certainly you can say "oh shamans DPS is ok anyway so you would be alowed to DPS anyway" but how can you say this after over a year of people saying shamans should be forced into resto spec to endgame raid (or at least have to heal the majority of the raid)?
isnt a 5% proc rate on a thing so far in the tree kind of pittyful too?

all im saying is that some of the things that many shammies are bringing up arent being answered to. theyr just lost and useless threads.

We hear what you are saying.

These things have been posted before in other threads, and we have sent those concerns and feedback to the developers. I unfortunately have no information to give you on this matter, but when hear something about this, we will post it here for all of you to see.
#134 - Oct. 30, 2007, 11:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Thread necromancy is bad m'kay?!