Anyone else find shaman boring?

#0 - Nov. 15, 2006, 10:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So i bought the game a few months back, picked a shaman and leveled to 60, took me quite a while. Thing is its been getting pretty boring lately, feels like all i seem to do is drop some totems, stormstrike, shock, and heal if i need to, because usually i just win a fight (or lose), be it a bg or a duel, through luck. Its all to do with the luck of a WF proc.

I was at a friends house and he was on his warrior and then i had a go and it was so much more interesting, there was more to do, whirlwind, changing stances, execute, pummel, mortalstrike, heroic strike, charging, intercept, intimidating shout. It was so much more fun than my shaman, and it was harder too, i had to think about what i was doing. It was more of a challenge, took a certain amount of skill, and i loved it. I wasnt relying on a WF proc with a crit or two in it to determine the outcome of a duel.

Thennn when i got hommme, i logged onto my shaman and i was like WHY DIDNT i level up a warrior in the FIRST place. Shaman seems so dull, seems like its missing something. And still i look at the shaman spells, they seem so boring too. Looks like all ill be doing for the rest of my shamans life is shocking, totems, and stormstrike. (And i dont like casters, so elemental is not an option, and yes ive tried it :P).

So.. i decided to start a UD Warrior, after 40 minutes i was level 7 (because i went to durotar, i hate tirisfal), and i thought, well why am i leveling a new char when i have a level 60 and have WASTED almost 40 days of my life (in game play time) on a shaman that i WILL not play anymore. So after some thought i think i am just going to stop playing the game, i dont want to grind up to level 60 again with a new class, ive been there and done that, it wasnt fun but end game was fun, and im not about to do it again. I dont have the effort to put into a brand new character.

Does anyone else find playing a shaman a bit dull sometimes? Or am i missing something that makes the class loved?

Hoping for some decent replies :/

Euph
#3 - Nov. 16, 2006, 1:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
why am i leveling a new char when i have a level 60 and have WASTED almost 40 days of my life

I don't really understand this argument I have to say :) I have played 2 characters to 60, and have a few alts in their mid-thirties, and I just see it as another game experience. I like playing this game to try new classes and play styles. I don't see it as wasted time at all, just a new way to try the game and learn more about how things work.

Of course people see this differently, just my point of view :) I find it easier to play in raids for example when I know what the other classes are actually capable of. Not saying it's necessary, it just makes it easier for me personally.

(And no, I don't find playing an end-game shaman boring either.)
#5 - Nov. 16, 2006, 1:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Want some cheese?
#95 - Jan. 30, 2008, 10:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The original post was posted at 2006, thread necromancy is a bad thing

Indeed :-(