Totems the better way.

#0 - Oct. 30, 2006, 1:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Can be very short about this.
Instead of putting the stick in the ground and walk away from it cant we just let the totems rotate around our chars? The same way our lighteningshield does.
With the totem stick circling around you, you give the same effect as currently but more in the way of warlocks bloodpact, etc.

And make the range a bit larger.
The shamans are the center of buffing in the party, so let them be it and not the totem.
You can still have 4 totems max up at one time, they still last the same duration.
They only have a 40yd range and die with the shaman. Also the dont have 5 hp but are purgeble.

So the shaman would just cast the needed totems and stay withing 40yd centered from his party.
#11 - Nov. 2, 2006, 2 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Totems are good, though they need a serious upgrade...

It has been mentioned several times on this forum that the totem system is a bit ungainly, and we will look into improving the totem system and the UI for the totems.

This is a plan for the future, and there is no ETA. I just wanted you to know that we are aware that you want the totem system to be changed, and it will probably get updated eventually (I don't know in which direction, but at least the UI will get looked at).

And before you ask; yes I know you'd prefer a sprit wolf to the current elementals (most of you at least, it seems), I will pass this on but I have no information to give you about this. Your concerns are noted.
#13 - Nov. 2, 2006, 2:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I've said it many times before: fire totems would do more damage if you equipped them in the main hand and whacked something with it. You have read me saying that before haven't you?

If the devs end up using that idea by the way, I want royalties.

Nah, it was someone else who wrote:
Q u o t e:
It was cool at the beginning and started to get tedious and annoying a little later, but right now, the only way I would like totems would be if I could ram them right through other players with a clearly audible "Earthbound, sucker !" but not as the gimpsticks they are right now.

That made me laugh.
#15 - Nov. 2, 2006, 3:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thank the Gods!

*hugs Ommra*

Well I didn't promise anything... ;p
#38 - Nov. 9, 2006, 9:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The totem system (regarding totem dsimissal) has been mentioned on the US boards as well, just FYI:
Q u o t e:
This is something we have not yet developed, but something that is on our "wish list". We'll keep it in mind until such a time we can make real developmental progress on it.

On a related note, we are working on developing a visual timer for totems, so the duration of a totem can be gauged more easily. It may come in the form of a tooltip/buff timer or perhaps a spell effect on the actual totem. Perhaps at a later time I can elaborate further.
#44 - Nov. 10, 2006, 9:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
fix totamz that they instant kill rogues when they drop ;]

Yeah, great idea... ;)