Heirlooms doom their own fate?

#1 - June 10, 2011, 9:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'd like to get different opinions on this to see what the general consensus thinks.

You join a random dungeon. The group collectively downs the boss. A weapon drops that's an upgrade for 2 players. 1 player has an heirloom the other player does not.

In this scenario what should happen. Should the person with the Heirloom pass even though it's a clear upgrade for him/her for the next few levels or should he be allowed to roll on the same grounds as the other person?

Discuss
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#19 - June 10, 2011, 10:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
These are the sorts of things best left to the group members to decide, so this isn't an official stance, but as a player if I have an heirloom in a slot I wouldn't roll on a drop for that same slot. By having an heirloom I've ensured that any drops or quest rewards I do receive in that slot are nothing but cash-money or DE materials for me. I feel satisfied in that.

An argument could also be made that heirlooms are worth infinitely more than temporary soulbound items as they can be passed between characters, level as you level, give XP in most slots, etc. To take an item from someone else that you're assured to just replace with your heirloom again before too long, doesn't seem too friendly.

The exception to all this, of course, being if the heirloom stopped leveling at 80 and I was in an 80+ dungeon.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#24 - June 10, 2011, 11:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/10/2011 03:58 PMPosted by Holee
Would it be "an heirloom" or "a heirloom". These are the questions..

"An heirloom" would be correct.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#29 - June 10, 2011, 11:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post

Limericks and grammar...what can't you do?

He can't bake a pie and video tape a how-to.

Oh yah!? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBKqwdxUH8U