Really really fed up with this

#0 - Jan. 17, 2007, 3:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
AT THE INSTANT we get out of stealth in a bg, we get afflicted by thousands of ##*% that we cant cope up.

Howls, stomps, intimidates, screams, terrors crap and ##*%.

ALL send us at least 20 yards away or freeze us for long enough to be hemmed down before the server gets the trinket status even before you hit in advance.

worst are warlocks. they have 2 types of fear, one has a different name so that there will be a logic for explaining why the hell you cant trinket them, so that they can send you 20 yards away and keep on easymoding you with dots from 30 yards away.

AND, we are being constantly 'readjusted' because we have stealth, AS if we have stealth, we no longer have it in any case since all classes have aoes that break stealth, and now dr00ds have easy to get pvp gloves that not only gives them phletora of amenities but also 'stealth' detection.

and HALF our stuff are in stealth. if we dont have it, we are naught.

we dont have NO armor, and i am saying NO armor to stress this, because our armor is totally funny compared to even what supposedly clothie casters have with all their armor spells, power words, absorbing shields and sh@t.

so its basically that - we get out of stealth, we die.

we cant go in to a melee mess, ie a BATTLE occuring in a battleground, comprising of 10vs10 skirmish, because it is CERTAIN that we will be taken out of stealth due to phletora of ##*% that is being spammed around, stunned (doh, despite being a 'stunner' specialized class) and hemmed down with 1-2 simple dots or strikes. to add insult to injury, your toon might be running around without your control, making you leave the keyboard and mouse to themselves and watch it die, while paying 15 euros a month for the game.

this is absolutely annoying.

the problem with this is, the developers are being clueless about strategy gaming , and hence as a result mass pvp obviously, and cluelessly designing the 'balance' based on "DUELING".

in 1v1, ALL these are balanced. classes look really balanced despite some glitches.

BUT,

if you give AOE capabilities to classes to be able to cope up with others in 1v1 basis, and allow the skills to be used as such in MASS pvp, you make a sh@t out of it. a total mess.

because 1 aoe is capable of affecting many, and as there are MANY players capable of aoeing, it becomes a total chaos and disarray, a total mess which renders any input from players totally useless - players either will be running under stupid 'intimidate, fear, shout, scream' craps, or slowing to hell (at least you can respond in this situation), or being stunned with countless aoes and still watching their toon die, taking a portion of 15 euro with it as unplayed gametime.

this situation is almost regardles of classs - if someone jumps into the mess and aoes, AND they do if they have aoe and not stupid, they altogether screw the game up for anyone.

this going needs to be straightened out.

THAT many aoes, and MORE being introduced to a game, is not going to work.

either aoes should be limited to affect x number of persons, or their duration needs to be considerably shortened out.

former is the case with some aoes, but still i guess the least of them affects 4 persons. double this number, and you reach the number of enemies you can find in any 'big' pvp skirmish in any bg at any given time in wow. so, least of aoes have the capability to effect half of any combatants in any fight.

the rogue class comes pathetic under the light of these situations - we dont have any armor (again i repeat, we have NO armor), we dont have any aoes, we are ONLY able to affect a SINGLE player in ANY given skirmish, and that is continually gimped and nerfed throughout with the abilities given to other classes and 'readjustments' to ours.

this continually pushes us to being the gankers, staying out of the mass pvp combat, trying to gank loners passing by some road, preferrably and as a must low in health. we cant even risk going in the back lines of the enemy line and ambushing casters because we will be screamed, feared, 'howl'ed, intimidated (add whatever control-wrestling crap here) to hell, making us run aimlessly under affect of whopping dots or (in most cases) ridiculously guiding us into the melee hell where we will be 1 critted with humongous 2 handers.

and i wont be objecting any 'stunlocks' and crap here.

a stunlock is something you cant do in a mass pvp situation. first, it takes long, second it sacrifices the damage, and totally. it is completely idiot to try to do a stunlock sitting in midst or rear of 8-10 combatants and trying to kill some player in at most 8 seconds, spending all your combos and energy for making the stun continue.

if you choose to use your energy/points for damage, it is 90% certain that before you are able to get your enemy to 1/5 health, initial stun (if you ever dare did) will end and the control of your toon will be wrestled from you by your target or someone aoeing you. this happens WAY too much, due to even the casters having whopping armor and 'shields'.

ANY class should be able to go into mass pvp. It is not logical or acceptable to push a class to being the 'loner ganker' due to stupid (i really now to believe the whines we are seeing from most classes are stupid, after my experiences) whines from other classes or from some obscure understanding of 'oooooh rogue ganker, assasin, eeeeh, killer' vision.

ANY class should be able to enjoy mass pvp, again i restate. even the priests are important participants in mass pvps, and not due to healing alone ! they, for example are like battlecruisers, VERY hard to kill and even for warriors, and can dot the hell out of targets and aoe too.

and here we rogues stand, pushed to the extremes to being forcibly the 'loner killer'.

this may sound rpish, but it is not. a rogue, by the talent builds, the lore description, and ad&d heritage we have in wow and in general, are people capable of fulfilling also combat duties - the role of a fencer.

but, we can not. due to clueless devs balancing the pvp on 1v1s, and nerfing our capabilities directly or indirectly as in tbc case (since we whined too much and it was illogical to nerf us directly) to hell and giving EVERY class minus rogues 1-2 aoe effect stuff, we cant.

the increasing level of chaotic situation in mass pvp is annoying me pretty much. and i think im not alone in thinking like this.
#30 - Jan. 17, 2007, 6:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
actually i will shortly be preparing a guide on and about people who whine, who whine about whiners, who l2p others and qqers.

i will post it here too.

Ok, but try to be a bit more constructive than this. Your post didn't really encourage people to write constructive replies.