Why no new battle grounds or even arena?

#1 - June 9, 2011, 4:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
  • Ever new patch has a new raid or dungeon or quest line. But yet no new battle gounds unless its an expansion, and then you insult the pvp community by putting a creek in wsg and taken off 2 nodes in ab and call it NEW. Comeon I really think its time you gave the pvpers and battle gound players some new content.
  • Forum Avatar
    Community Manager
    #6 - June 9, 2011, 5:23 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    We've actually touched on this topic in the past. In general, while we could add more Battlegrounds and Arenas we risk thinning out the queue for all Battlegrounds and Arenas. We're not against the idea of adding more, but it's a matter of deciding the how and the when of doing so.

We could compare the content between PvP and PvE, but it's not exactly an equal comparison given that the styles of play are different as are the end goals.

Just as an FYI, we are putting the Ring of Valor back in again in 4.2, which (while not new) will at least add back in a bit more variety to Arena queue.

Also of note, we are implementing a new War Games interface (which you can see on the PTR) which should make it easier for people to play skirmish type matches against people either in the Battlegrounds or Arenas.
    Forum Avatar
    Community Manager
    #29 - June 9, 2011, 5:58 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    06/09/2011 10:29 AMPosted by Slapdance
    SKIRMISHES ARE BACK!?!

We've actually had the War Games in since last December. The only issue was that it required that you knew it existed and used the right game commands to get it rolling. We've now shined it up and added a great new easy to use interface into the patch so that you can start challenging other groups. Just keep in mind, there's no rewards available (including HKs) for taking part in these, but they can be very fun. It's also a great way to hold your own in-game event if you wanted. (Remember when people would meet up at Gurubashi?)
    Forum Avatar
    Community Manager
    #93 - June 9, 2011, 9:19 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    06/09/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Kerawyn
    while we could add more Battlegrounds and Arenas we risk thinning out the queue for all Battlegrounds and Arenas.

So having some variety in this stagnant battleground selection is a bad thing. Good to know that variety is now an excuse to shy away from adding things to the game.

That's a gross oversimplification of what I said. We love variety, but we need to make sure that when we add that variety that it doesn't damage the system that is in place.

Constructive feedback is always always welcome, but please try to avoid these sorts of statements.
    Forum Avatar
    Community Manager
    #98 - June 9, 2011, 9:35 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    06/09/2011 02:25 PMPosted by Evercrest
    Please Nethaera tell us you're reading and strongly considering implementing some of the ideas on here and not just scouting for the forum people slamming your posts. Your feedback goes a long way for the community and we appreciate your responses!

I'm reading and as always, soaking in the feedback. I can't guarantee anything more than that I will funnel the feedback to the development team, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on discussions.
    Forum Avatar
    Community Manager
    #126 - June 9, 2011, 11:33 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    BTW, I may not be replying much in here, but I'm still reading feedback. I think there have been some great examples of constructive feedback in this thread so far. Thank you all who have been taking the time to contribute.