Can't horde ever win without cheating?

#1 - June 7, 2011, 10:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Too many times I've seen horde cheating in BGs. It's getting boring. What I can't figure out is why it's fun to win by cheating. Usually cheating leads to the horde losing, but I've seen cheating leading to wins also. It makes me suspect that they cheat all the time, but it is only some of the time that I witness obvious cheats with my own eyes in the game.

Short list of what I've seen:
1. A troll balance druid without a healer that can't be taken down. HPs go untouched. This player kills multiple players because his health bar never deviates from 100%

2. Speed hacks. Either players moving too fast or retaking flag positions in the blink of an eye. Just exactly as if enemy players weren't even there.

3. Horde players playing Alliance side so they can spam our chat channels and make strategy discussions difficult. I've seen lots of Alliance bashing from supposed Alliance players. And I've also seen where some players just spam the chat box so that all you can see are twenty lines of the exact same text.

I'd actually say it takes a modicum of skill to win a BG in a fair way. But if one cheats, there is not only no honor in it, but I can't believe there is any joy in winning anything that way. It just reduces the game to a point of triviality as to become utterly stupid.

What is the processes to remove a cheating player from a BG? Why can't Blizzard detect obvious things like twenty lines of identical text and just auto-boot that kind of chat spammer as probably being on the other side?

This is Warcraft.

If you are going to allow the BGs to become chaos because of botters and cheaters. Well, there's a problem with that business model...
#1 - June 7, 2011, 10:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Too many times I've seen horde cheating in BGs. It's getting boring. What I can't figure out is why it's fun to win by cheating. Usually cheating leads to the horde losing, but I've seen cheating leading to wins also. It makes me suspect that they cheat all the time, but it is only some of the time that I witness obvious cheats with my own eyes in the game.

Short list of what I've seen:
1. A troll balance druid without a healer that can't be taken down. HPs go untouched. This player kills multiple players because his health bar never deviates from 100%

2. Speed hacks. Either players moving too fast or retaking flag positions in the blink of an eye. Just exactly as if enemy players weren't even there.

3. Horde players playing Alliance side so they can spam our chat channels and make strategy discussions difficult. I've seen lots of Alliance bashing from supposed Alliance players. And I've also seen where some players just spam the chat box so that all you can see are twenty lines of the exact same text.

I'd actually say it takes a modicum of skill to win a BG in a fair way. But if one cheats, there is not only no honor in it, but I can't believe there is any joy in winning anything that way. It just reduces the game to a point of triviality as to become utterly stupid.

What is the processes to remove a cheating player from a BG? Why can't Blizzard detect obvious things like twenty lines of identical text and just auto-boot that kind of chat spammer as probably being on the other side?

This is Warcraft.

If you are going to allow the BGs to become chaos because of botters and cheaters. Well, there's a problem with that business model...
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#43 - June 8, 2011, 12:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
06/07/2011 05:37 PMPosted by Thunderwulf
WHY was this moved here?????

My guess was that the title and not the body of the thread was reviewed and the Mod Squad assumed that we would be able to provide advice for those who see this type of behavior in-game.

If you witness another character, regardless of faction, exploiting please submit an in-game petition and report it.

If you believe someone is not participating within a battleground and using a method to keep from going afk please use the /afk report feature. We have recently made adjustments to the system in our continuing effort to address this behavior. The system is only truly useful if it is used, it helps use to collect relevant data and address this behavior overall and on an individual level.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#43 - June 8, 2011, 12:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
06/07/2011 05:37 PMPosted by Thunderwulf
WHY was this moved here?????

My guess was that the title and not the body of the thread was reviewed and the Mod Squad assumed that we would be able to provide advice for those who see this type of behavior in-game.

If you witness another character, regardless of faction, exploiting please submit an in-game petition and report it.

If you believe someone is not participating within a battleground and using a method to keep from going afk please use the /afk report feature. We have recently made adjustments to the system in our continuing effort to address this behavior. The system is only truly useful if it is used, it helps use to collect relevant data and address this behavior overall and on an individual level.