Player using hacks in BGs

Forum Avatar
#1 - June 6, 2011, 10:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi,

I would like to know what is the company that owns wow doing regarding players that are using hacks in game.
How long does it actually take to ban a person if reported, as it seems that you are not banning anyone in long period of time, as you just want money from accounts? Loosing to much players?

This really destroys game play of people in BGs and around wow world.
You need a ss, finishes WSG in 2min common:
<snip>

You should create official forum section were people would be able to post and expose people who are using hacks and all the not allowed programs with wow.
I know you want make money, but we want also a fair game.
Now hope this post wont be deleted or replied with usual uneducated copy paste text.
Thx.
Future GW2 player
#13 - June 7, 2011, 3:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Investigating and taking action against players that are reported to or suspected by us to be exploiting is not a simple task. I realise that this is a pressing concern for you as your enjoyment of the game is directly impacted, but it's unrealistic to expect immediate action.

That said, please don't confuse a lack of 'immediate action' with apathy. We hate this sort of thing, and if I'm honest, we probably hate it even more than you do. That motivates us to put a lot of time into prevention and reciprocal action.

Over the years we've learnt that we can have the biggest impact by being patient and taking action once players have incriminated themselves wholly and without a doubt. It might not seem like it at the time, but please, trust us; we've been doing this for a while. :)

Your help is also one of the ways in which we tackle this problem. Whilst we do have our own ways to discover who is doing what, the reports that you send to us help a great deal. Please keep doing what you're doing, except for the posting screenshots and naming & shaming others bit.