Blizzard (GM) caused my GF to dump me!

#1 - June 1, 2011, 8:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I had put in a ticket about not being able to mount a flying mount in areas that I should fly in. Well apparently while I was at work, a GM was addressing my ticket to figure things out and logged onto my character and got off after 5 min or so. Well of course my girlfriend was online and saw the character log on/off.

The real ID did not trigger since it was the GM on my character. As you know, when a realID friend logs on it says the persons real name in a nice little box. Well my GF noticed it didnt pop up and thought I removed her from RealID. Even worse to her she told me "You didn't even say anything to me when you logged on!"

She started to flip out about it and mentioned "The guild interface shows you were online not even 5 minutes ago! What is going on?" (Keep in mind, we were together for a couple of years and she recently moved out of state for a few months for school, but still played WoW up to this point.)

I couldn't do anything at this point but laugh because of everything going on and with me at work (it was impossible for me to be on). I was clearly still on her realID and thinks I am responsible for being able to log on without the RealID to trigger so I could be "hiding from her".

She didn't believe me about my ticket, ended up dumping me and left the guild. In the end she thought I was cheating on her since she was out of the state. Well it's not the first time WoW messed up something in my life but that is my luck. (Sadly enough I could fly after that, lol)
#1 - June 1, 2011, 8:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I had put in a ticket about not being able to mount a flying mount in areas that I should fly in. Well apparently while I was at work, a GM was addressing my ticket to figure things out and logged onto my character and got off after 5 min or so. Well of course my girlfriend was online and saw the character log on/off.

The real ID did not trigger since it was the GM on my character. As you know, when a realID friend logs on it says the persons real name in a nice little box. Well my GF noticed it didnt pop up and thought I removed her from RealID. Even worse to her she told me "You didn't even say anything to me when you logged on!"

She started to flip out about it and mentioned "The guild interface shows you were online not even 5 minutes ago! What is going on?" (Keep in mind, we were together for a couple of years and she recently moved out of state for a few months for school, but still played WoW up to this point.)

I couldn't do anything at this point but laugh because of everything going on and with me at work (it was impossible for me to be on). I was clearly still on her realID and thinks I am responsible for being able to log on without the RealID to trigger so I could be "hiding from her".

She didn't believe me about my ticket, ended up dumping me and left the guild. In the end she thought I was cheating on her since she was out of the state. Well it's not the first time WoW messed up something in my life but that is my luck. (Sadly enough I could fly after that, lol)
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#45 - June 1, 2011, 9:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
like how this was moved to the Customer Support forum. How can you help me with an issue that cant be fixed? lol.

More than likely the moderator focused in on (GM) part in your title and felt it had more to do with In-Game Support and didn't necessarily belong in General Discussion.

I am sorry to hear about your girlfriend's reaction. While the actions taken by the Game Master to resolve an issue you had with one of your characters may have been a catalyst, it is unlikely to be the main source of the issue. Also, considering that the mount issue you seem to be referring to happened at the end of January, I'm not entirely certain why you are bringing this up now. O.o

I will need to lock this thread but I wish you well.

Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#45 - June 1, 2011, 9:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
like how this was moved to the Customer Support forum. How can you help me with an issue that cant be fixed? lol.

More than likely the moderator focused in on (GM) part in your title and felt it had more to do with In-Game Support and didn't necessarily belong in General Discussion.

I am sorry to hear about your girlfriend's reaction. While the actions taken by the Game Master to resolve an issue you had with one of your characters may have been a catalyst, it is unlikely to be the main source of the issue. Also, considering that the mount issue you seem to be referring to happened at the end of January, I'm not entirely certain why you are bringing this up now. O.o

I will need to lock this thread but I wish you well.