Missing Heals - Not Lag!!

#0 - March 23, 2007, 11:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
After being a little suspicious of heals going missing I rumuged around on the US forums and found a very small (no blue response) post that eventually got bumped of the first page.

It basically noted that many players were noticing that their heals were not landing.

Since then I have been paying a lot of attention to wether or not my heals land or not.
Noticing VERY often that 4k heals that would normally bump my buddys hp bar for at least 30% were doing nothing. My first thought was that he must of gotten hit by a mob for that exact amount or even worse that these heals (tho showing up in my combat log) were server lagged so that my buddy would die before the heal landed.

But this is not the case, since I started paying attention I would try casting an insta cast e.g. pw:shield after the missing heal. If my m8 had died before the heal could land then he also shouldnt have gotten the shield which was cast AFTER the heal. First tests indicated shield was landing, heal was not so this is NOT LAG.

Its gotten worse, doing arena's were my buddy will sometimes be at 15% and that one 4-6k heal would make a difference to the fights outcome were being 'resisted?'!! while the pw:shield would still land (could see the shield debuff on him just before he died).

Afterwards we went thru combat logs and tho my log showed 'casting gheal - heal landed for 3.6k followed by cast shield' my firends log did not show the heal as being recieved.

This is a very serious bug!! In pvp one heal can make or break a fight and now theres an x% chance that my heal is being resisted? I suspect this has something to do with the coding for resilience but this is my just me guessing.

I wondering how many of you have noticed the same (checking combat logs etc)?

So post here if you have noticed the same. (Try to back this up with some checks like wether the person you were healing does not show the heal that you cast but does show the spell you cast following that e.g. shield etc).

If we can get enough reactions maybe we can get a blue to look into it (tho im not sure i believe Blizz has commented that they are aware of this problem but as such cant reproduce it during testing) but this is no reason to let this issue get bumped of the forum front pages).

#185 - May 18, 2007, 1:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This does sound pretty bad although I must say that I have never experienced this problem myself.

I will try to see if we can get some feedback about this, however I cannot promise that I will receive any info about this at any time soon.