Nerf us, please oh please nerf us.

#0 - July 18, 2007, 2:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi all , im Daniel and im an alc.. oh wait..

Hi all , im Daniel and im one of the shadow priest that rocks your world at the moment.

Why im writing here is becouse i feel that the class , Priest - the holyest one ever , is in my own opinon going at the wrong way.

How is it that number one (1) healer in-game cant get a spot for kara raid?
I took a break from wow , came back - guildless and didnt bother. I love the fact to join a random wsg and just heal so much i could. Helping my fellow members to defeat the alliance. God , I LOVE HEAL!

What happend ?

1. Warriors - What is with em ? I got one (1) way to get some distance from people , fear. Can i fear warriors ?

2. Warlocks - I can dispell em til there grandma turns green - but still , i cant stay alive for long. And remember that im a UNDEAD, i got 2 ways of getting out of fear. As soon as theese are done , im dead.

3. Rogues - Not really THAT much of a problem , they had there cloak of skills , wich i seriously feelt like they needed becouse of getting owened by dots , fears and all of that all the time. But still , an UD rogue now got 3 ways of taking my fear out of play - problem is that he really just need one way.

The list can go on , and im sure all classes can go on , thats why i love this game.

But now , to what i meent to express my fellings of what i think.

1. Healing - As i said , i rolled priest to heal , not to do dmg or be some kind of hybrid wich can turn dmg into hp / mana - noway . i would of rolled shaman if i wanted that , end of disscusion.

2. Healing , again - Okey , so i realised kinda quicly that as holy , im dead. Sure , i can understand that , so i rolled Disc. First 5-6 games was amazing.

3. Hea.. noo , SHADOW : Im tired , just gonna finish it up fast , nerf shadow . Nerf shadow so bad that its just another grind specc that ppl hate becouse its the only way to lvl . After all thoose nerfs, buff our holy and disc side - please give us the respect that we are in so dear need of, please.. Let priests be priests and no damn mage-copys.
#79 - July 25, 2007, 4:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

3. Hea.. noo , SHADOW : Im tired , just gonna finish it up fast , nerf shadow . Nerf shadow so bad that its just another grind specc that ppl hate becouse its the only way to lvl . After all thoose nerfs, buff our holy and disc side - please give us the respect that we are in so dear need of, please.. Let priests be priests and no damn mage-copys.

Hmm... I don't think you should expect the Shadow Tree to be nerfed much... I’m puzzled because I don't really understand why you call for a nerf for the Shadow tree, because nobody forces you to spend your talent points in that tree. You could simply just choose to place your talent points in the Discipline and Holy trees instead since you dislike Shadow so much. But I guess that this is where the cheese smells, because maybe you think that the Shadow tree is the most viable tree to focus on these days?!?

If this is indeed the case, then I would like to inform you and others that the developers have already acknowledged that the Holy Priests in particular needs some changes and improvements, and that is what they are working on currently. So when these changes and improvements take place, then it should hopefully be more attractive for you to place your talent points somewhere else than in the Shadow tree :-)
#115 - July 26, 2007, 10:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Vaneras. Can you say anything about what changes are being made to the holy tree (I assume this is what you mean by "holy priests")? I find the tree as it is now quite good already and I'm worried this would take away the features I like...

Right now it is not possible for me to be much more specific on this, however we have requested more information on this so hopefully we should get some answers for you at some time soonish :-)

What I do know is that the developers are looking specifically at Circle of Healing and Lightwell to make them more viable, but other changes to the Holy tree are likely to happen as well.
#118 - July 26, 2007, 10:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Not nerfed much ? so more is coming ?

I'm not saying yes, but I'm not saying no either. What I am trying to say is that I have heard nothing about any planned changes to the Shadow tree, however I can never make a guarantee that things won't change in the future.
#119 - July 26, 2007, 10:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

CHEESE __ DOESN'T __ SMELL ! ! !

CM or not, don't dare saying that again! ;)

Proper cheese with a proper taste smells, and that is a fact! ;-)
#124 - July 26, 2007, 10:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So, after months and months of posts about these talents, we first get the answer it's all fine, and now suddenly they are being looked into?

I believe what was said specifically was that the developers were fairly happy with where healing is at this moment, however that should not be interpreted as everything is just fine and peachy. The developers have acknowledged that Circle of Healing and Lightwell in particular needs some attention, and that they are taking baby steps improving these things.

Q u o t e:
And at this rate, we can expect some raid stacking viability somewhere in 2008?

I cannot provide an exact ETA for when things will be exactly where the developers want them to be, so I guess there is little else to do than rely on our patience for now.