[VIDEO] Power Word: Priest 1

#0 - June 29, 2007, 11:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
NEWS FROM POWER WORD: PRIEST!
15th of September - 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey guys and thanks for the feedback im happy you enjoy the first one, im working on the 2nd episode atm, however some footage got deleted from my computer while cleaning out some folders that i thought only contained garbage, but apparently i didnt check the folders first on all of them, so unfortunately some shaman clips were destroyed.
I would love to show you what i have done because im very proud of how the 2nd episode has turned out, compared to episode 1, this one is far better (in my oppinion)
However i prefer waiting until i got the best result, instead of rushing it out cous of an release date.

Im sorry but you will have to wait abit longer on the video. 2 weeks maybe :,-(

To compensate for this, i will answer some FAQ about the video.

Question: i've been browsing ur armory profile and looks like ur full disc all the time.. whats up with that? aint 28/33 good anymore?
Answer: Yes, those of you who have been checking my armory profile and discovered that i nearly always use a full discipline build are correct. I do use that build for 2v2 and 3v3 arena. Secondly, is 28/33 bad? Not at all, i will explain in the video why full discipline is good and why 28/33 also is good.

Question: but you duel all classes as 28/33 in the first episode, so are u gonna duel as full discipline, or as 28/33 in ur new video? This quite good to know since im 28/33 :P
Answer: I will show duels against all classes as BOTH full discpline and as 28/33 :-)

Question: Ur using some engineering in ur 1st episode, im not an engineer and theres allot of other priests that also arent engineers, so whats going to happen on that front in episode2?
Answer: I agree that it was a mistake to include engineering use in episode1, there will be no use of engineering in episode 2. (infact like 3 days ago i changed my proffesion from engineering to jewelcrafting...)

Question: Do you use some voice-over box to make ur voice sound so damn sexy?
Answer: no comments

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
26th of August - 2007

Bumping this topic to announce that "Power Word: Priest, Episode 2" is in the making and the ETA is September 14th.

The classes i fight in this episode will be: Shamans, Mages and Warlocks.

Since the last episode, i have learned the basics about Sony Vegas so im editting there instead of Windows Movie Maker (thank god), and the resolution will be taken up a notch since i was not satisfied with the resolution on the episode 1 (back then i did not know how to fix this though, now i do)

Everything has been taken up a level: the editting, the gear, the entertainment, the amount of advices, the tricks and i will promise you that if you enjoyed episode 1, then you are gonna LOVE episode 2!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
29th of June 2007
Dear Holypriest Community

Before i rolled a priest I had played a mage for about a year and a half, achieved the Field Marshal title, and therefore i was quite bored of doing damage in PvP. I wanted to experience the battlefiend from a healer's perspective. Therefore this character was meant to be a Holy Priest since i started playing it.
While levelling up i started looking for PvP videos by non-shadowpriests, so i could get some tips on how to handle the different classes. But i could only find very few ones, and none of them were any good (Docta's video was the only exception.)

Few minutes after dinging to 70, i respecced to Holy/Disc. I had a priest mate that i watched duelling many classes and he taught me many tricks that i later used myself, thanks to "Nonoob" at The Maelstrom.

After achieving more than 2200 rating 2vs2 in season 1, getting full gladiator set, and having enough confidence as playing a priest, i now present to you the first episode of my "Power Word: Priest"-series. The "get-inspired-and-get-started" that Holy Priests havent gotten at www.warcraftmovies.com before now!

There will be a sound-commentary during the entire video, where im giving hints and advices about what to remember when fighting against the different classes. It was important to me that the opponents were geared properly, and with great knowledge about their class. Therefore i decided to make this a duel-only video, there will be no arena, battleground or world-pvp clips.
I wanted to make this movie because there really aint any Holy/Disc pvp videos for lvl 70, and theres many priests who wanna try out a holy build but dont know where to begin. This is the guide for the newbs, and maybe also for the more experienced players. This is a "how-to-pvp" movie, not a "look how imba i am"-movie. And i certainly dont believe im the best priest u will ever see!

To avoid making this movie too long, i have only focused on 3 out of the 9 classes. Clips+commentary about the rest of the classes will come in future episodes of PwP.

The opponents in this video are:

- Warrior
- Hunter
- Shadowpriest

It was edited in Windows Movie Maker, and background music was added in Sony Vegas. Im not that good at that editing stuff yet, this is my first movie afterall, but i hope you still enjoy it!

http://www.WarcraftMovies.com/movieview.php?id=42450

#48 - July 4, 2007, 4:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks Noobee, I really enjoyed this video, and I'm looking forward to your next episodes :D