#0 - 2008/02/22 02:58:05 AM(About the author: I currently have an 1855 personal rating for 3v3 and have purchased s3shadow weapon for pve-progression, even though specing 42/19/0 with 4/5vengeful using a RPM 3v3 setup, 4/5vengeful, 2&5 teams are non serious teams either for helping friends or just getting points. As for PvE progression, 5/5 hyjal, 8/9 BlackTemple @ www.tehbox.net)
Priest Massacre of 02/19/2008
The Priest protests of 02/19/2008, known as the [11>31] spam in the Wow priest community was a long time coming event. Ever since TBC many guild/priest felt that the class healing ability was not sufficient/properly scaled/mana efficient as other healing capable class. There were many cause of this such as mana issues in long fights and disc/holy tree being in utter mess. Resulting in many priest pursuing the Shadow spec during the duration of the burning crusade. Many preBC holy priest were forced to become shadow priest as they progress along 5men -> 10men -> 25men content.
From the time of Jan 2007 -> present, the most popular over all spec of priest are Shadow Spec, in both PvE and PvP for all priest. The class have endure many significant nerfs due to the so called "balancing" of the warlock class. The list of nerfs in short details are as follows in the chronological order
1. Shadow Word: Pain damage reduced by 9%
2. Vampiric Embrace reduced from 20% to 15% and unable to crit heal
3. Prayer of Mending 10sec cooldown
4. Damage breaking Fear nerf - [warlock chain fear nerf, nevertheless preset day warlock are still able to chain fear, the nerf totally destroyed the one and only cc priest have]
5. Shadow Weaving reduce from 15% to 10% - [because warlocks were doing too much dmg, instead of lowering the damage coffeificent of destrolock's shadow bolt, brilliant]
6. Shadow Word: Death cooldown from 6sec to 12sec - [because shadowpriest was doing too much dmg in highend 25men raid, even though destrolock dps was still higher than SPs in all topend guilds]
7. Arcane Shot introduced to hunters, mechanism allowed for Dispel then crit, destroying Priest's Power Word: Shield
When the introduction arena, many Shadowpriest felt that their survivability had decrease from Season 1 to Season 2, and completely void and nulled in season 3. When season 3 started many priest were forced to spec into deep discipline (I have purchased to obtain s3 weapon for PvE progression, poor itemization on blizzard part because s3 mainhand dmg is even better than all weapons dropped in Black temple, nevertheless I digress)
With the introduction of focus will and targetable Pain suppression, became discipline became the one and only viable spec priest can use in arena. Although the healing power of deep discipline spec is by far the worst compare to any other healing class, there was no other way any priest could spec in arena)
According to SK gaming Top Ranked players priest represented 13% of the entire population
Druid : 27%
warrior : 21%
Rogue : 14%
Priest : 13% (12.1% disc spec, 0.9% shadow spec)
Warlock : 13%
Mage : 5%
Pally : 4%
Hunter : 2%
Shaman : 1%
Statistics show that priest are pigeon holed into discipline spec for arena.
On the day of Feb19, 2008 the day of the Priest Massacre, the 2.4 ptr patch notes were released resulting in 3 major nerf to the discipline spec,
1. Focus Will reduced from 15% to 12% (2/3/4% stackable three times, down from 1/3/5%)
2. Power Infusion nerf, enough has been said in many other post
3. Resilience nerf affecting mana drain effects by 25%
The result was an Uproar from the priest community, this was the last straw that broke the camel's back. End result was a [11>31] spam across all forums, in hopes of a Precedent like "the great dot spam" of the shaman forums when a change was made that affected the elemental shaman in the 2.3 ptr
I personally do not usually post on forums but DO read all class forums and try to deal with the changes with my own means. But this time blizzard has gone too far, and right now taking action against the prolong nerfing and ignoring priest's UNJUSTIFIED so called balancing.
I would also like to mention that as of right now the shamans are complaining about their 4piece elemental arena setbonus for spell pushback resistance being nerfed from 70%-50%.
*Priest are the only class with out any spell pushback resistance for ANY offensive spells, either from talent or item*
I CALL UPON all the priest, continue the [11>31] spam and sign and post/repost this thread until the DEVs do something to improved either our shadow-survivability, or revert the PI/FocusWill/resilence nerf.
WE WILL NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE
POWER TO THE PRIEST COMMUNITY
KEEP SPAMING [11>31]
Event Time Line:
# of Nerfs and Buffs in Buring crusade from 2.0 - 2.4 PTR
Nerfs = 11
Buffs = 3
2.4.0 (Unknown 02/19/2008)
- Chastise no longer disorients the target, but now is instant cast and roots the target for 2 seconds.
- Focused Will now reduces damage by 2/3/4%, down from 1/3/5%.
- Power Infusion: Infuses the target with power, increasing their spell haste by 20% for 15 seconds.
- Resilience: Now reduces the magnitude of mana draining effects by the same amount that it reduces critical strike damage. The Tooltip has been revised to reflect this.
* Power Word: Shield now gains additional benefit from spell damage and healing bonuses. Base absorb values of ranks 10, 11 and 12 have been reduced.
* (NERF for dwarf+draenei) Fear Ward is now available to all priests at level 20. Duration reduced to 3 minutes, cooldown increased to 3 minutes.
* Arcane Shot (Ranks 6 and above) now dispel 1 Magic effect in addition to their normal damage.
* Shadow Word: Death: Cooldown increased to 12 sec and will now properly damage the casting Priest when it is reflected.
* Shadow Weaving (Shadow): Effect reduced by 1% per rank and Mana Burn will now correctly trigger this talent.
* Chance to break crowd control from damage: The increased chance for a spell to break from taking a critical strike has been removed. Instead, all targets over level 60 have a slightly larger chance to break out of crowd-controlling effects when they take damage.
* The base healing percent from "Vampiric Embrace" has been reduced to 15% from 20%. In addition, this ability can no longer get critical heals.
* Prayer of Mending now has a 10 second cooldown.
* The bonus coefficient for "Shadow Word: Pain" has been reduced by about 9%. This should result in about 5% less damage done by "Shadow Word: Pain" for the typical priest.
* (Buff for dwarf+draenei) Chastise (NEW) is now available to Dwarf and Draenei priests at level 20.
* Chastise causes Holy damage and incapacitates the target for 2 seconds.
* Focused Will (NEW Discipline Talent) - After taking a critical hit you gain the Focused Will effect, reducing all damage taken by 1/3/5% and increasing healing effects on you by 4/7/10% for 8 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
* Pain Suppression (Discipline Talent) is now usable on friendly targets, instantly reduces the target's threat by 5%, reduces damage taken by 40% and its cooldown has been reduced to 2 minutes.
Copied from US forums.