Compilation of Paladin Issues and Suggestions

#0 - Feb. 28, 2007, 10:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
As most of the Paladin Community, I feel our class needs some serious fixing, namely when it comes to PVP and the way it works. Although we still have our efficient PVE heals, it seems that our hybridness is somewhat useless in a raid envoirnment, due to the lack of effectiveness and the existance of better options (read, other classes) to fill our role.
Our tanking, altho some manage to tank Karazhan (from the reports I've read..I haven't tested it yet, not only I don't have the level, but also I'm not going to spec/gear up that way..I'm going holy for guild purposes, we lack healing) is not really impressive, namely due to the lack of stamina and mitigation on our gear, eventho the way it works is decent, and we excel at AoE tanking.
Retribution spec is currently a joke, it lacks PVP and PVE usefulness. It has always been my favourite spec, but I gave up on it aswell.

When it comes to PVP, our class can be made completely neutralized by most classes, and there is very little we can do about it in organized group PVP, although, ofc, having a good arena group helps.

With that said, I decided to give us another push in fixing our class...politely, and not spamming ASCII and insulting everybody, as it leads nowhere other than a ban and the forbiddance to post on forums and trying, once more, to show Blizzard we are genuinely trying to improve our class without making it overpowered, just enjoyable to play and accepted by others in most situations.

I'm trying to make a list of all Issues and Suggestions made by our members to improve our class, from small (but still important) tweaks, to complete modifications of our class..from little but important issues to major problems with it.

If more threads show up (or in case I missed some) , please, let me know or post them here yourselves, try to keep this updated. Let's try to keep this solid and organized so we can help Blizzard and ourselves improving/fixing our class.

Thank you.

-Aggrogance (BE Paladin) / Hélios (Human Paladin)
#57 - March 2, 2007, 3:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blue tagging as requested, since it's a lot of text I haven't had time to read all of it yet. I of course recognise many of the issues listed, but it's very handy to have it all compiled in one thread.