Within the Developer team...

#0 - March 10, 2007, 4:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have read in a post (don't remember which post it was) that there are certain 2 people designing our class. Those 2 people were the developers of the Paladin class in Everquest 2. They were fired and removed from their position as Paladin class developers because it was proven (and I even think they openly admitted it, not sure about this) - that those 2 people HATED the Paladin class and hybrids in general. In short they were fired because they hated the paladin class.

These 2 people, whose names I do not know, are now designing the World of Warcraft paladin class, believe it or not. This could explain a lot, especially the fact that we became priests in plate rather than melee characters. It could also explain why in the name of god we were given PINK sets. But ok, this is just speculation on my part.

Take note i got this info from these forums, but I do not remember who wrote it or which thread it was.

However, if it is true that these 2 people, who were fired for hating our class in EQ, are working for blizzard and designing the WoW paladin class, then I would like to know the following - and the questions are aimed towards blizzard, and the CM-s who are responsible for the communication between blizzard and the paladin community:

1) Why were they employed?
2) Blizzard, did you know about their experiences and their past in EQ?
3) If you did know, why did you employ them as part of the WoW paladin designer team?
4) If you did not know, why didn't you do some proper research about the people working on the team?
5) Do you feel it is the right of the community to know about such facts?

I only got this info from another thread, but I do not see why someone would lie about something like this, and I believe that whoever wrote it, is not lying. However I am also not claiming that this is true. I do not know if it is true or not, nor am I accusing anyone of anything. However, since I do not know, it's the reason why I am here to find out.

If it is indeed true that these 2 people are part of the paladin developer team, then I do not think that the paladin community will like the fact that they have 2 people, who are known for HATING their class, are developing it day after day.

One last word - I expect official word from both Blizzard and the CM-s, or official word by Blizzard through the CM-s, to the paladin community. We have the right to know whether this is true or not, and we have the right to know who is designing our class. As I said, I expect official word from blizzard through CM-s at least, because the community has the right to know.
#137 - March 20, 2007, 1:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
A lot of Tinfoil Hats are needed in this thread.