Blizz, multi-boxing needs to be looked at.

#1 - May 26, 2011, 6:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So there is a massive multiboxer on my server. He has both Alliance and Horde toons. He used to grief us in WG, and now does it a little differently in Cata. He took a long break, but is back now. He now takes around 30 or so of his alliance toons into battle for TB. He then proceeds to hide them in some corner of the map away from all the main battles, and like 2 horde toons will go over there to keep him in battle so he doesn't afk out. Now I know blizzard says that multi-boxing is legit (prolly cuz it fills their wallets quite nicely), but this is getting out of hand. Do you realize how hard it is to win with a 30 man hadicap?!?!?! The server I play on is only low-medium population so it isn't like we can make it up in skill when there isn't that many ppl queing up on the other side.

So by him taking up 30 of our TB raid slots, knowing he is only doing it to make it nearly impossible for Ally to win is against ToUA, no?

There has been MANY, MANY, MANY tickets submitted regarding this issue, but to no avail. I just did a TB and he was still doing it. So Blizzard, lets start thinking with our heads rather than our wallets. I'm not asking for free purples like most people cry about, I'm only asking that we have an even playing field.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#61 - May 27, 2011, 12:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
05/26/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Mokti
If they're reporting him for exploiting the queue and non-participation in TB, then they'll start paying attention, as that is against the rules.

This is a case of, at minimum, battleground non-participation, and at worst, win-trading. If he's deliberately engaging his own forces with just a few of his own toons on the opposing side of the battle, he is in fact cheating.

Exactly. Regardless of how you feel about one person controlling multiple characters, that is the irrelevant factor in this equation. Multi-boxing, as long as it is one person controlling characters on accounts that they are the registered user of, is permitted.

If they are otherwise violating our policies, especially non-participation within a Battleground, please report that.