04/07 Evocate is WAI

#0 - July 4, 2007, 1:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Among some of the suggestions we have forwarded was also the question of evocate and basically “what’s up with that?”

To answer the question:
We feel evocate is working as it is intended: it’s simply highly dependent on how much spirit the mage has.

Unfortunately, many mages seem not to like spirit that much and would rather spend their gem slots and enchants on other stats. This is fine, everyone has the freedom to choose what stats they want to focus on.

Whereas in the past we forced a lot of spirit onto the mage's tier sets so that they would have good mana regen, to leave more room for flexibility and choice we have replaced a lot of that spirit with gem slots in recent gear.
#2 - July 4, 2007, 1:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Meh, second ;_;
this sucks.

So mages should gimp themselves to get even more outdps'ed by other classes in order to have better mana regen? What justifies this?
#4 - July 4, 2007, 1:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Meh, second ;_;
this sucks.

So mages should gimp themselves to get even more outdps'ed by other classes in order to have better mana regen? What justifies this?

No one's asking anyone to gimp themselves; just making it clear that choices have to be made when it comes to certain aspects.
#7 - July 4, 2007, 1:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Well, the choice is clearly to have better mana regen or do more damage. Is there any feedback regarding the mana gem scaling?

That would fall under "suggestions we forwarded" ;)
If it's something that might get changed, you'll notice in future patch notes..
#8 - July 4, 2007, 1:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
ok, and anything about the 10% tax on bolts?

I'd quote Bush I on taxes, but I think the flames would be too much, even for me...

Consider that a suggestion as well.
#17 - July 4, 2007, 1:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hmm, a bit dissapointed, but I can see your point. Valid or not, you have atleast discussed it =)

What about this issue?

13% increase between mana ruby and mana emerald, a whopping 164 extra mana 10 levels between those two gems? Dont be afraid to compare the scaling between this and another class-skill (no names) which restores health.

..and please have in mind that

1 intellect is 15 manapoints
1 stamina is 10 healthpoints

So many reminders, but I already posted above... the gems have been mentioned ;)

PS Brave Gnome, showing your class in this post ;)
#201 - July 5, 2007, 9:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I already quit, unfortunately my account is paid up till November so only posting on behalf of my mage guildies / firends .

I couldn't conjure up any constructive reasoning in order to disagree with what you posted, so I decided to employ the CAPS lock button. I had no idea using all CAPS would completely negate the need for articulate reasoning.

Feels good to get that off my chest , please ban me, I know I won't be posting friendly things on here any time soon.

Fixed.
#203 - July 5, 2007, 10:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I think I actually saw a possibly good suggestion in here. I might forward that.
#207 - July 5, 2007, 10:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have seen a couple of mages posting that although they might not agree with our vision of the mage and the use of spirit, they do think they can live with this and have adapted and will continue to do so.

I'd be interested to see if any of those mages would like to share their views on how to deal with the situation as it is.