The ultimate (mage) question revealed...

#0 - Sept. 3, 2007, 6:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Da da da daaaaaaaaaaah:

Why would any mage play another build than arcane power pyroblast?
It's taken me some time (1½ years of playing undead mage) to figure this out but here it is;
Skill, gear, luck and whatever has absolutely 0 relevance when it comes to PvP. The only thing that matters is whether you win or lose.
Now, there's a great war philosophy saying "It doesn't matter HOW you win, as long as you WIN."
Pots, gadgets, overpowered cooldowns and whatnot are pefectly legal because in a real battle (in a real war, ladies and gentlemen) you would NOT have the ability to whine about how unfair the fight was afterwards.

Now to the core of this thread, I hear a lot of people saying how AP pyro is unfair and no-fun since it includes no skill. Well first off, everything requires a bit of skill, but sure it takes a different amount of skill to beat someone using a crap build compared to the so called "oneshot I.WIN" build.
But since it doesn't matter HOW you win as long as you win, why use other builds than the "I.WIN" one?

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the ultimate (mage) question.
#149 - Sept. 4, 2007, 2:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
It's taken me some time (1½ years of playing undead mage) to figure this out but here it is

Mage? I think you mean Rogue