Post 3 wishes that could improve our class

#0 - June 26, 2007, 8:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Which 3 things would you wish for your class, in order to improve it, but not to make it more powerfull than intended. My 3 simple wishes are the following:

1) I wish the Mana Emerald would restore 300-400 more mana.

2) I wish that the Improved Frostbolt/Fireball talents would stop reducing my bonus spell damage.

3) I wish that I would be once again able to Ice Block twice if needed, and not to die because of Hypothermia.

These are my ONLY wishes, I don't think that I'm asking for too much, considering the fact that a couple months ago, 2 of those 3 things were part of the Mage class.

What are your 3 wishes?
#80 - June 28, 2007, 9:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
There are many more suggestions I'm sure, but I'll cherrypick two:
"Mana gems at high levels seem not to give enough mana."
- This has been brought up. But it's still up to the devs to decide whether it has (enough) merit to look into it, let alone change
"Damage reduction on improved bolts"
- I'm no expert on any one class, but I've been told this was partially done to not make it OP. I'm sure there were other reasons too, I just want to provide some feedback on it.
#85 - June 28, 2007, 9:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Aeus, we dont know the reason for the damage reduction on the improved bolts either:P cause it has never been really explained to us

I was just applying logic and I spoke with some colleagues in different departments (who play a lot). Common consensus was that we wouldn't simply remove damage output for the fun of it, so that leads one to believe it comes down to balancing. This in turn leads to believing that it was considered too powerful not to apply that reduction.
And I'm not sure you can compare that to other classes, since they have completely different abilities; you just can't :)
#86 - June 28, 2007, 9:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

thats why at least one of my 3 'wishes' would be that we have better communication with the developers, and some insight on the decisions they make, provided they deliver hard evidence.

We provide insight on plenty of occasions, just not all. That simply wouldn't be possible ;)
#93 - June 28, 2007, 9:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
All right. I'm seeing one side to the "reducing 10% it was silly after level 60". I want to await more posts to see if there are any other sides to this.

Thanks for your feedback guys :)