What will YOUR Water Elemental be called?

#0 - Aug. 31, 2006, 7:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Mine will be called Evian, for sure.
#105 - Sept. 13, 2006, 2:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Let's hear what Crezax have to say about this. Crezax, what will your water elemental be called?

Blue
#107 - Sept. 13, 2006, 3:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
w00t!
thanks for confirming that we indeed will be able to name our water elementals.

I did no such thing!
I had a bad feeling about posting in this thread, now I realize why.
#114 - Sept. 13, 2006, 4:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Since it seems like you're reading this thread Crezax... can you answer a few questions about the Water Elemental. Yesterday or the day before, you reposted something about the Mage Spells & Talents preview, which was posted on US Forums last week. In these Arcane Scrawlings, it is said that the Water Elemental will not have a Duration, that is, it leaves when either you dismiss it or when you/it dies. However now on Talents preview page we get a totally different story. First it is instant and not 10sec Cast. Second it's on 5min cooldown, not 30secs. And finally and the worst thing, it is summoned for a measly one bloody minute and it still requires Arcane Powder to summon! Can you please tell us which one is the correct version? And if the second one is the correct one, why were we lied to? And most importantly, why was this nerf needed? Is this the final nerf that mages are getting or are there others coming along, especially stealthed ones?

The version on the talent preview page is the current one. It got changed along the way, and I am afraid that that part of my post from the other day is outdated. Unfortunately this update did not make it into my post, and I apologise for that.