Mages are seriously underpowered

#0 - Feb. 14, 2007, 6:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ive been playing my mage now in both pvp and pve and am really starting to become quite disapointed. At level 70 i now crit with my fireball for an average of 2200, this really is no different to the crits i use to do back at lvl 60!! easily 2000, and i know mages critting for more then that 10 levels ago!. Now while our dmg has hardly improved every class seems to have 4X the amount of HP making this a slight problem.

In pve instances as a mage you cant expect to out dps the rogue, dps warrior, warlock which i seem to find rather strange as a mage has half the hp of these classes and is suppose to be the primary damage dealer.

When it comes to pvp i find mages are extremely hindered verses certain classes. For example a rogue? i am fighting a rogue in arena, ambush crit me for 3700?? now thats 60% if not more of my hp, so i blink away, rogue has sprint, cloak of shadows so my nova is useless, then eviscrete for 2200.

Same thing with druids i am being HIT for 1200 with the druids shred let alone the crits, my dam fireball hits for almost that amount, and its a 3 sec casts and i dont have 14k and cant heal my self, i think its completely unbalanced.

warriors are the same, they are crting for 2k hitting for 1.2k i can barely do this kinda damage and yet these classes all have double the hit points.

We simply dont have the abilities to escape anymore, rogues cloak of shadows compeletly screws us over unless you have iceblock to buy you some time you have no chance, frost nova on the warriors usually breaks very quickly, or warrior has trinket , you now have nothing and the warrior kills you in 4 secs, druids you can do absoloutely nothing.

What do other people think about this? the day blizzard decided our fireball needed to be nerfed is when they screwed mages over, we simply dont have the damage now compared to the htpoint increases that other classes have recieced, warlocks with 12k hp??
#4 - Feb. 14, 2007, 7:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Judging by your post, I would say that you need to adjust your tactics a little. Try some duels and practice against friends, and I'm sure you'll see some improvements.