Ice Lance. Please reconsider

#0 - Jan. 28, 2007, 10:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As the previous thread was nicely "declined" by mages due to grammatik issues and mages being so awesome yet underpowered.

I'd like to point put few things.

First of all, I have a mage f my own (lvl60 only) so I know how fragile mage is.

But yet today I thought I could take some hit with my 7k health at level 68, oh how wrong I was.

I was fighting some ogres in Blade's Edge Mountains when I was attacked by mage.

He frost novas me, takes quite perfect distance. He was just barely in my deadzone. Then I see myself dead, unable to scatter shot him due to using my CD just seconds ago. I did a corpse run and checked my combat log, and what I see:

[XXX] Ice lance *crit* [you] 2601 (XXX's ice lance crits you for 2601, for those who aren't familiar with custom combat log addons)

As I've played frost mage I know you have ~65-75% crit chance on frozen target. Now please tell me do you honestly think that instant cast with almost negliable mana cost (150) deals 2.6k damage (even tho situation was favoring that paricular spell). I thought 1.6k crit with instant cast spell (not counting talents like PoM on NS) was huge and I thought nerfing arcane shot was balancing (I didn't like it but I know it was over powered).

This is in no way a nerf thread. I just want to hear your serious thoughts about 2.6k instant casts.

And please, keep this thread clear from "use trinket n00b", "you can't freeze bosses" and "l2p" %%%!. This has nothing to do with PvE, learning to play or group PvP. This is solely about 1-on-1 PvP.
#87 - Jan. 30, 2007, 10:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
This is in no way a nerf thread.

After having read your posts I must say I don't agree with your analysis. This is a nerf thread, and that is why it gets locked.