QQ more, mages work well

#0 - May 27, 2007, 11:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's annoying to see so many mages moaning about their inabiltiy to hold their own in groups and raids. I was one of those who really did *not* believe the class would scale. Well looking at the class, we're scaling well and while it takes a lot of work to top the damage meters we can do it, *if* we know how the class works.

Firstly the class is all about fast damage, which means *finally* the broken Frost spec is finished. It's about time really as this is nothing to do with mages and being fast damage dealers, its all about Fire and Arcane both of which is shockingly good compared to other classes.

As a 46/15 Arcane/Fire mage, PvP is fun and rewarding and PvE is top of the pops using Fireball to achieve top damage. In small groups (i.e. Heroics) the Arcane damage destroys the mobs in the way, Arcane Blast spam and Arcane Missiles are utterly destructive. In those events you are double Warlock Damage (instead of 20% over in Raids) and utterly trivialising the instances.

Yet all the newbs seem to hate the mage class. Despite all the power that is in place, the utterly destructive way we are designed. But then, if they are old school frsoty avoid skill with Ice Block, you can't really be surprised.

Regards,
Eduin
#158 - June 1, 2007, 8:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This turned out to be a nasty little flamewar, hence the lock.

I would like to remind people to please show more civility when you post on these forums, because flaming and insults is just not acceptable behaviour.

Failure to respect the forum guidelines will result in a forum suspension, and severe violations will result in a permanent ban straight away without any warnings. Please think about this in the future before you hit that post button.