Will ppl really reroll?

#0 - Nov. 5, 2006, 11:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Alot of ppl talking about rerolling.
I dont think Blizzard actually realise that ppl will reroll. I guess they think pp wont carry out the thread. But for my own i can say, i will. Ofcourse i hope things will change and im still optimistic. But if not...
My Warlock is 46 now; when i saw the new Warlock talents i was allready beginning to think, "Hey, theese talents look pretty fun". So i started a Lock, thinking it would be a cool secondary char in TBC.
The mage talent didnt really appealed to me. Pet? why...im a mage? On the other hand, ALL classes have more or less gotten pets, in TBC, so why not mages. Dragon breath. This one gotta be evil, i thought considering they had to sell it for POM or ICeblock. And ok, it looks decent but meh, Pom/pyro is the only sure means to deliver high dmg, and Iceblock are said to be Alpha and Omega now.
Slow? Priest= dispell, Locks= spellstone, mages= Iceblock, Shamans= Bloodlust. Reaply? it will cost aLOT of mana. Melee classes? use frost.....

Then the nerfs started. And Blizzard lay out the line. "Mages are atm doing to high dmg considering the baseline we want to hit". And nerfs again. And all the other Classes beeing buffed.

And now where the Warlock really are getting competitions from Rogues, Paladins, Druids, priests and Hunters i dont have any trouble about rolling one. I dont think they end up imbalanced compared to theese classes. The Warlock class is just up where ppl hit hard and can take it. They play with the big guys, where things happens. The mage do not.
And i can actualy continuing my mage "style", the playstyle i like, nuking, with my warlock.
Soullink, 0/31/30, putting out a succy and casting 33% dmg increased Soulfire when its up( 200%crit,none of it disappear when target vanish, click spellstone, dispell or w/e...). A very, very powerfull nuke spec. Put in Seed of Corruption. Fel Armor. Or a 41 destro build. 4 instants besides dots, where 2 of them, deathcoil and Shadowfury have powerfull secondary effects. I simply think Warlocks will be fun in TBC. Powerfull and fun.

Blizzard can still fix the mage from my pow. Mages are nukers, hard ranged, magic dealers. They hit freaking hard, like Rogues, but cant hide, and are more squishy. Range shouldt even this out, but range dosnt cut it in PVP.
They need more ways to deliver dmg in pvp. Tseric once redefined the words which officially describe mages role. Those in Player manuel." Primary Ranged dealer". He said that the mage shouldnt be considered the best dmg dealer as in highest dmg on charts.
He said the word means that mages is best in ways of Dealing dmg. They had the most options to unload dmg.
Well...as for now, mages in pvp have no way to deal compareable dmg. They rely on secondary and support skills and having a hard time getting them off as well. Mages primary weps ( Bolts) is a dead fish in pvp.
Locks do dots, shadowbolts. Rogues do evasc and ambush, Warriors do MS. Shamans Chainlight or Stormstrike.
But mages dont do bolts. They takes to long time getting off.

And we are mages FFS. Give us some magic. Invisibillity ( no, we havent got "Invisibillity" yet, not even in beta.) Telekinese. Mirror images. Illusions. Tricks. Lots of magic Tricks. White Killerrabbits.
Stuff like blink but more, alot more of it:)
Give Slow AND Haste, instead of just useless Slow. 50% unstackable cast speed(shoudlnt stack with AP or Bloodlust but shouldnt use same cd as AP either ofc) ..yes sir. 15 secs PVP viabilility...and that would really wanna make me use Arcane blast. For 15 sec my fireball would have same casttime as CHainlightning:)...Greatness. 2-3 mins cooldown.
Or let us make small packets of spells. Fireblast, COC, AM, 3 spells in one pack. The package can be used once every 2mins. IT fire all spells in a line, Ignoring GCD between them. A pack with 2 AE and a Blastwave for uber AOE....
etc etc.
(The good thing about things like The BEast Within, Shadowstep and cloak of shadows, is that we can suggest really imba spells/talents now..hehe)

Sry for wall of text...
#77 - April 13, 2007, 10:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
This topic is many months old. Reported for necromancy.

locked due to thread-necromancy