Newer 85's and the dungeon kick tool.

#1 - May 18, 2011, 7:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok, here is the deal, I myself have been playing sense vinilla. I know all my toons, rotations, gems & chants needed, and what most of my usefull stats are. Now I've been in alot of random heroics etc to were someone knew still learning and working on rotations etc trying to gear up to be par get booted because they are only doing 7-8k dps. In my honest opinion it is completely crap that a group can kick a new dps player after having to wait 30 minutes to enter. (Please save your troll crap for another thread, I don't want to hear *go practice on the training dummy*, I've been playing along time and anyone that has knows that's not the same). SO anyway, if they wait the time, and get the gear they deserve the same right to be in the group with the so called "elitest" that are taking over this game. So now moving on to the kicking of dungeons, a simple change can remove all this from play.. do now allow an active character to be kicked from a group. IF they are away for more then 5 minutes, DC'd, not in the dungeon for more then 5 minutes, or not actively attacking mobs. Yes i do understand the scripting can be difficult, but blizzard makes billions upon billions so i know it can be done.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#49 - May 18, 2011, 9:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The threshold and ability to kick people is pretty high. Not being able to kick people is a far bigger complaint among players as they'd like to be able to kick more people more often. We don't agree with them, that's why if they choose to kick someone they're making it more difficult for themselves to be able to kick others in the future -- by way of an inability to do so until they run a lot more dungeons without kicking anyone.

The kick system allows groups to agree that a person should be removed for whatever reason they collectively deem necessary, but by limiting how often people can kick others (and it's pretty restrictive) we can encourage them to only kick when they feel it's absolutely necessary.

Now, what that's obviously going to make being kicked feel a bit worse because they used their very rare kick-ability on you, but it's not a system that allows people to kick others recklessly all of the time. Backing away from it as a personal judgment, hopefully it's something that can be learned from and corrected so one can avoid kicks for similar reasons in the future.