27/06 Counterspell Bug

#0 - June 27, 2007, 12:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have been asked to keep it constructive so I will keep the obvious flames to myself, however tempting it may be. Everyone else responding, please try to do the same so we can (hopefully) get a good count on how big this is.

To quote myself form my former thread (with some edits):

Q u o t e:
Numerous mages claiming this is bugged. My own mage has had it happened (xx casts flash of light, xx's flash of light is interrupted, xx gains divine shield?). Since I only do arena on my mage to further gear him while I rerolled, I do not have the time to take 300 screenshots with timestamps to proove my case, but it is very common for me to hear it from fellow mages in guild and while playing other classes in arena

(and no, this is not because people have to get used to the 8 second duration isntead, it is instantly after being notified that their cast was interrupted that they are still capable of casting same school)
#1 - June 27, 2007, 12:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blue-tagging this one to also let people see that we're aware of the topic.

Edit: also, please do not turn this into a /sign thread. Gathering information is so much easier when not having to dig through tons of spam posts (i.e. no contributing contect). Thank you.
#8 - June 27, 2007, 12:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
This is not just a bug with counterspell. It's a bug with all interupt/silence mechanics. It happens with my warrior also with shield bash. Schools don't lock properly - especially notable when bashing mind flay.

Noted.
#45 - June 27, 2007, 4:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
This is getting me really really confused... Since the dawn of time warriors' pummel on a channeled spell always just interrupted the channeled spell and never the school.

1) Either pummel and some other effects are not falling under this rule of "locking out the school when interrupting a channeled spell"

or

2) Either this has always been a bug and you can't honestly tell me you never been notified/never noticed this bug ?

I hope you don't expect me personally to be aware of every single bug / concern that may exist. I'll of course check whether this is registered in our database before sending it to QA and devs.

Description on Shield Bash: "Bashes the target with your shield for 6 damage. It also interrupts spellcasting and prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 6 sec." Pummel does the same, but for 4 seconds. So I'd say they're definitely supposed to block the school. ;)

I don't play Warrior much myself, and when I do I typically use two weapons, so I haven't noticed this myself. I spoke with a colleague who plays Warrior though (and very active in the Arena), and he said he'd never noticed this not working correctly for Shield Bash and Pummel.