Cross Realm Dungeon Feature We have to pay?..

#1 - May 17, 2011, 9:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I copied this from a Blizzard post from the EU forums.
With the continued popularity of the Dungeon Finder, many players have been asking for a way to group up with real-life friends who play on other realms to take on instances together. Today, we wanted to give you a heads up about a new feature currently in development that will allow players to invite Real ID friends of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.

As this is a fairly complex service to develop, we don’t have a release date to share quite yet. It’s important to note that as with some of the other convenience- and connectivity-oriented features we offer, certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service. We'll have more details to share with you as development progresses -- in the meantime, you may begin to see elements of the feature appear on the World of Warcraft PTR.
Are we really going to have to pay for this feature? If so I'm going to be very disappointed because I would love this. I already pay 15$ a month I'm poor I can't pay anymore. D':
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#46 - May 18, 2011, 5:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I copied this from a Blizzard post from the EU forums.
With the continued popularity of the Dungeon Finder, many players have been asking for a way to group up with real-life friends who play on other realms to take on instances together. Today, we wanted to give you a heads up about a new feature currently in development that will allow players to invite Real ID friends of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.

As this is a fairly complex service to develop, we don’t have a release date to share quite yet. It’s important to note that as with some of the other convenience- and connectivity-oriented features we offer, certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service. We'll have more details to share with you as development progresses -- in the meantime, you may begin to see elements of the feature appear on the World of Warcraft PTR.
Are we really going to have to pay for this feature? If so I'm going to be very disappointed because I would love this. I already pay 15$ a month I'm poor I can't pay anymore. D':

We have this same post on the General forum and have also been keeping a close eye on ongoing discussion in additional threads. I'm going to close this one in the interest of keeping the conversation consolidated so we can keep an eye on the ongoing feedback there rather than having to visit multiple forums to find it. Thanks- Nethaera