05/03 Hotfix: Lightning Breath

#0 - March 5, 2007, 8:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
A hot fix has been applied. This fix reduces the amount of bonus damage that the Hunter pet ability Lightning Breath receives from the Hunter’s +damage gear.
#18 - March 5, 2007, 10:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Are we talking about the pet spell damage scaling from hunter rap here, or pet spell damage scaling from hunter +spell damage gear?

Pet spell damage scaling from hunter +spell damage gear. As stated in the original post.
#58 - March 6, 2007, 9:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Windserpents being the top pet was a problem, the solution was buffing other pets and allowing there abilties to scale thus bringing "balance" to the situation.

Nerfing Windserpents to match the "lesser" pets is a cop out and the lazy option tbh.

It was never intended that LB would warrant so much extra damage from +spell damage as it did. This is something we discovered and fixed, it was never going to be like this in the first place. There weren't any lesser pets, only one (1) pet that gained too much benefits.
#68 - March 6, 2007, 12:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
And the point that we're trying to make is:

Hunters who had ZERO +spelldamage on gear now have their windserpent doing HALF of the damage they did before

Note the difference

We have done no changes apart from the +spell damage, but I'll look into this and see if I can find more information.
#127 - March 7, 2007, 3:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Trust me, there is absolutly no value on posting on the EU forums, as non of the mods/supports teams even remotely check here. This forum is just setup for comical value most of the time and the "feeling" you'll get listened too. Just check the US forums and QQ once there are more nerfs posted there as you can't do anything about it.

So relax, sit back and just enjoy the show called "It's a blizzard world afterall"

^^

I'll even hand out the popcorn if people want ;-)

That's a very pessimistic view, and not even true.
#228 - March 14, 2007, 10:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I would love to hear a comment about the RAP - Lightning Breath change from Blizzard.

We didn't change that.