Stealing mats against the rules?

#1 - May 17, 2011, 5:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have not had the luxury of having my mats stolen before but I was just curious.

If there is an agreement in chat that if you give them the mats and they will in turn give you what you want, and they throw you on ignore after getting the mats from you and fly away can you take any action other than whining about it on the forums or in /2?

Like I said, no one has done this to me but everytime I hand over 4 maelstrom crystals for a weapon chant on one of my toons, I piss my pants in anticipation if it will pay off.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#15 - May 17, 2011, 7:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Heya Grelak,
I have not had the luxury of having my mats stolen before but I was just curious.

If there is an agreement in chat that if you give them the mats and they will in turn give you what you want, and they throw you on ignore after getting the mats from you and fly away can you take any action other than whining about it on the forums or in /2?

Like I said, no one has done this to me but everytime I hand over 4 maelstrom crystals for a weapon chant on one of my toons, I piss my pants in anticipation if it will pay off.
As long as there is a clear agreement in chat inside the game and not outside of the game, it can be investigated and considered a scam, if the agreement is not met.

Please visit our Scam policy for more information here: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20459