Don't Worry Folks. We Got This.

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - May 13, 2011, 2:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We've been repeatedly saying in various threads recently that we are listening, even if we're not acting on every piece of feedback we read. Well readers, listen up!

With the help of Ghostcrawler, the following will be added to the patch notes for the next PTR update:

• Players are once again free to dance in combat (without causing graphic errors). Other animations, such as attacks, will take precedence over dancing. The dance animation will be suppressed until the higher priority animation is complete. Fun has been unnerfed.

The concerns of the people vanished. And there was much dancing.
Forum Avatar
Forum Moderator
#62 - May 13, 2011, 3:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
There will be something very satisfying about being able to toss a Party G.R.E.N.A.D.E. whilest facing Akil'zon during Electrical Storm!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#83 - May 13, 2011, 3:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
05/12/2011 06:51 PMPosted by Sleengblade
Ok that's cool, thanks for the fix. But sorry blue poster you don't get bragging rights for fixing dancing. I guess this fix was big enough of a victory to launch a public thread on it though, i don't know if that scares me more or is a good sign that things are being fixed.

I posted this in a lighthearted way. Of course it's not the biggest issue, but after laughing with Ghostcrawler over the "fun has been unnerfed" bit, I felt like sharing. I figured joy would ensue. Do partake, should you feel the urge.

Come on Sleengblade, he who hath pooped on many a party, dance wit meh!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#98 - May 13, 2011, 4:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
05/12/2011 08:01 PMPosted by Awful
Why on ptr does it say "Can't do that while in combat"? Is this not patched in yet? I wanted to be mc hammer and chop someone.

The change isn't live on PTR yet. It just got checked in and should be in the next build. ;)
Forum Avatar
Forum Moderator
#101 - May 13, 2011, 4:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Put on your best set of dancing shoes (or appropriately snazzy nail polish if you've got hooves) and prepare the dance floor!

If you have claws or talons, well... you already have little knives attached to your toes so you should be set!

And as always: exercise extreme caution when dancing around gnomes.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#121 - May 13, 2011, 4:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
05/12/2011 08:03 PMPosted by Isheepyou

I posted this in a lighthearted way. Of course it's not the biggest issue, but after laughing with Ghostcrawler over the "fun has been unnerfed" bit, I felt like sharing. I figured joy would ensue. Do partake, should you feel the urge.

Come on Sleengblade, he who hath pooped on many a party, dance wit meh!

While im usually a critic of many things in game, i do appreciate the humour every now and then as it lightens my mood and makes me realise that this is just a game and sometimes i need to take a deep breath and chill.

so i thank you for this thread and all the work you do.

I realise i wont always agree with you or others but today you made me laugh and i needed that after a busy week.

/bow

Yay!

/dance
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#123 - May 13, 2011, 4:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
05/12/2011 08:05 PMPosted by Matua
hmmm now why would you want to /dance during combat, your all weirdo's

It's actually the proven number one strategy when you find yourself caught as the lone defender of a Battleground base, as a wave of attackers come at you. Ever since the days of vanilla WoW, there has been only one appropriate reaction: to dance with your murderers.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#128 - May 13, 2011, 4:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
05/12/2011 08:37 PMPosted by Moon
Ever since the days of vanilla WoW, there has been only one appropriate reaction: to dance with your murderers.

YES! I am so glad someone understands.

;)

<3
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#134 - May 13, 2011, 5:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
05/12/2011 08:40 PMPosted by Zarhym

YES! I am so glad someone understands.

;)

<3

I'mma let you finish, but first...

Everybody /dance now!

Doo-do-do-do!!
Forum Avatar
Forum Moderator
#179 - May 13, 2011, 8 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Put on your best set of dancing shoes (or appropriately snazzy nail polish if you've got hooves) and prepare the dance floor!

If you have claws or talons, well... you already have little knives attached to your toes so you should be set!

And as always: exercise extreme caution when dancing around gnomes.

Poor trolls. No shoes and no talons.

The tusks more than make up for it, I think! I am uncertain, however, if I would recommend normal nail-polish on those twin beauties. Perhaps strings of party lights instead? I could be onto something here...

05/12/2011 08:10 PMPosted by Zong
What about goblins? What if you step on one, and it explodes, causing the entire dance floor to collapse into Anub'arak's lair.

Goblins would be required to wear "CAUTION!" tape as a fashion statement in order to avoid this potentially dangerous predicament. Goblin Proximity Sensors (GPS) functioning in the name of personal and structural safety wouldn't be a bad idea either.

05/12/2011 11:36 PMPosted by Eilethalua
I so pictured dwarven dancing combined with gnomes for full-scale gnome punting.

I fear you're onto me. >_> Have you seen how gracefully they flail as they soar? It's quite mesmerizing!
Forum Avatar
Forum Moderator
#243 - May 13, 2011, 3:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
/peanutbutterjellytime
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#259 - May 13, 2011, 4:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
/dance

/does the running man

/cabbage patch