Here's how you kill us. Read this, others.

#0 - Feb. 11, 2007, 2:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Inspired by the abundance of nerf threads, complaints about our damage and other nonsensical stuff, I think it's time to give our competition a heads up on how to play versus a feral druid (My point of view, as I'm not that experienced with either Resto nor Balance in PvP)

For the rogues:
You complain about our armor in bearform and the sheer damage we can put out while having those defense. Think Warrior opponents at level 60 with FM Gear and Lifegiving Gem (extreme comparison i know :>) What did you do back then? Use your bleed effects, use your poisons for damage (Deadly coupled with Crippling for instance).
That damage is totally unmitigated and will tear right through our armor, thus getting us to critical HP. If you're having trouble with the damage in bear form while doing this you:
1) Need more sta/resilience
2) Forgot to use Evasion
3) Forgot to use Cloak of Shadows for Fairie Fire
4) Need more sta/resilience.

When we're critical, that's when we need to heal. You know what to do now, we're in casterform and we're pretty much the squishy blob we were at level 60 when we were resto healbotting the warriors with Ashkandi. Kill us now, use your CB Evisc HERE not on the fooking bear with immense amounts of armor! If you think you need more time to kill us in caster, BLIND us! Use what you have at your disposal, and it should not be hard beating a druid.

For the warriors:
I admit you have a hard time fighting us at the moment. Our armor numbers cripples your rage production when in bear form and the rage normalization isn't exactly helping either. But you know what? We work the EXACT same way. We need to take damage in bearform to deal damage. Again you can use your tools at your disposal. Trying to destroy us while in bearform will not help. Use your hamstring to keep us on distance, use your intercept to give you time to sunder up while we can't attack back. 5 Sunders on us is crucial for that moment you need when we shift out to heal. I know you might laugh at this, but: Use Rend! It's pure raw unmitigated damage and it's one of those things that can help getting us to critical HP, forcing us to heal and giving you your moment.
Again it's a lot about stamina and resilience. You won't be able to deal much damage if you can't TAKE much damage. If you're running around with 7k HP do not bother. You won't win. It's not good enough. Glasscannon gear is for PvE usage, not PvP. Get yourself a nice stam/resilience kit and you'll notice you'll have it ALOT easier in PvP.

For the mages:
I won't bother trying to explain AP PoM Pyroblast mages how to win. They just realized that they couldn't and specced glasscannon :>
You can force us to powershift with your vast amount of movement impairing effects you know. Cone of Cold makes me shift, Frost Nova makes me shift, even FROST ARMOR makes me shift. Your Mana Shield can soak some of those Mangle crits but you can, given you have decent survivability make us shift totally out of mana. We might Innervate ourselves but then we're in casterform, on global cooldown. Then you know what to do. Our innervate needs ~4-5 seconds to give us enough mana for a shapeshift, even when we have Natural Shapeshifter. That's why you'll have a lot of good firing time while we still powershift back and forth to get rid of your snares. You won't complain about the armor so just blast us to pieces. But don't do it when we're in bearform, that's stupid. Then you're feeding rage to a monstrosity that CAN actually remove half your HP in 2 moves.
Struggling with Catform damage? Use frost armor and run in circles. It's a cheap trick and it will ensure you that we probably won't hit one single move because of our great hitbox situation in catform. Do this if you wanna do low blows :)

PS: Polymorph? Don't even try, it's just silly -.-

For the warlocks:
Fun fact: Fear diminishing returns disappears on shapeshifting. DO YOU NEED MORE?!

For the hunters:
You know I shouldn't even be explaining this to you guys. You have no problems beating us and you know it. Complaining about a high Mangle crit is poor, because then YOU did something wrong. You can, like the mages, force us to powershift, using global cooldowns just to be able to move to you. Feral Charge? Scatter Shot/Freezing Trap/(Intimidation, talentthing). Use your viper sting and Arcane shots. When druid reaches critical HP and shifts out: dead druid. MM hunters: Silencing Shot, Scatter shot if close, BM hunters: Intimidation if not used before or Scatter Shot if close, trap us, finish us. It's not too hard.

For the priests:
Cat damage is a problem? Well not for shadow priests atleast and your Shield gives you a nice opportunity to heal up if you're not into the shadow thing. If you're holy you're PvP'ing with someone else and if you're Discipline, that reflective shield will hurt my poor cat enough for it to shift out and try to heal at some point. You might not have the sufficient burst damage to take us down in casterform, BUT - you can manaburn us here. Feral druids have low to no mana and burning it really hurts. Dispel is your friend aswell, MotW costs ~600 mana to apply for me and Omen of Clarity is my lifeblood when trying to take down something in a PW:S. Pain Suppression is an amazing tool here aswell, for the Discipline priests. Also, your fears diminishing returns are reset when we shift. Hooray ;-(

For the shamans:
You know, enhancement people, that trying to burst down a tank with melee damage and stormstrike is really, really beyond a *%*@ty idea. Work with magical damage when we're in bearform, it'll help you more. Fire totems and shizzle plus shocks will take us down. Not your 150 windfury crits. Force us to heal and then you can physical damage burst us in casterform instead. That works wonders, it doesn't in bearform.
Another thing to note: If we lifebloom ourselves, dont waste your purge, it will make it instantly heal us by ~700. Stoopid :> Purge all you want in bearform because it removes our Omen of Clarity which can make us burst you really hard.
It's also hard for us to interrupt your small heals when in melee.

For the paladins:
If you're protection, we'll be beating on you for about a year and then give up. You won't kill us and we won't kill you if you know what you're doing.
If you're retribution, you want to execute your three-step-burst in casterform. Try and get us there by using magical damage to wear down our bear.
If you're holy, that's actually the hardest fight for the druid to win. If you have some good spelldamage gear then you can actually peel of quite a chunk of our HP in bearform and force us to heal. Maybe stun us at ~30% and then Divine Favor holy shock hammer? That should do the trick for the last percents.

Bottomline for everyone is to get more stamina because it's just better for PvP and force us to spend our time shifting and healing instead of pounding you to the ground.

1) Get stamina/resilience
2) Oom us
3) ?????????
4) Profit!

I hope someone will be using these tips and realize that druids are not unbeatable, they are just powerful now, as many of the other classes and they're harder to deal with than before because they have gear that supports their spec now.
#254 - Feb. 19, 2007, 9:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Please flame each other less.