We are being abused on our own forums

#0 - Feb. 26, 2007, 1:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Guys

We are being abused on our own forums- - and the general language from these idiots is- - - "Go back to healing" "its your role"

Now- - - these threads are all still open, whilst posts calling for sensible reconsideration are blocked due to technical "rule infractions", or completely ignored.

So- - what does that say?

What message is anyone getting here?

Discuss

Dem
#6 - Feb. 26, 2007, 1:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Those threads will get locked or deleted eventaully and their creators will get banned as well. The only reason why there still might be some of those threads left is that we have not yet gotten to those reports in our report queue. Please keep reporting such threads so that we can take care of them as soon as possible. :-)

It has been an eventful weekend for sure... The patchnotes for patch 2.0.10 has caused an explosion of forum activity, and unfortunately a big part of this activity is from people, who have a hard time keeping their emotions checked and are thus intent on flaming and trolling to make themselves feel better.

We are still very busy cleaning up the forums, which unfortunately means that it can take some time before you see the offenders getting removed.

#12 - Feb. 26, 2007, 1:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Don't get me wrong Vaneras, because I like you...Fave moderator :P

Thanks... Nice to know that my work is appreciated by some at least :-)

Q u o t e:
But wasn't it obvious to you that the forum would go wild? I mean, I know you guys have to have off work days too, but really...

Let me just say that I wasn't surprised that this happened :-(
#22 - Feb. 26, 2007, 1:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Veneras, do you have some free jobs ? I am moving back to house soon and I need new job at France.

There are some jobs available indeed. Have a look at this page:
http://www.blizzard.co.uk/jobopp/index.shtml

Q u o t e:
Anyway, I say, as if you care, do keep neutral grounds and try to keep those forums clear and clean. Would you ? Yes, emotions are high, but try to understand the players as well - and we will be fine.

I do my best at staying neutral indeed, and my primary concern is to keep the forums clean.

I very much both respect and understand the emotions and frustration being displayed by many of you, since negative changes are never easy to accept.
#30 - Feb. 26, 2007, 2:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Just out of interest and now you're watching this thread Vaneras...

At what point do you think you might be able to clarify:

1 :) Implentation date of the patch
2 :) Whether there is currently ( I stress currently) any plan to revisit the changes to the druid class before implementation.

I don't think anyone will get too "hot under the collar" at some straight talk.

Some clarity would be appreciated- - and hopefully you're still around to answer.

Kind Regards

Dem

I am currently unable to answer those questions, but we will of course post that information as soon as we have those answers. But I would like to comment on the second question that things are constantly under evaluation. Things will be buffed or nerfed if the developers feels that something needs to be changed or adjusted, and that is unfortunately a necessary evil when you are dealing with a game that is being continuously developed and never really finishes.

In regards to the planned changes for the Bear Form in particular, it is of course possible that things might change somewhat still before the patch is launched, that is what the PTRs are for anyway, but please try not to raise your expectations that the planned changes might get cancelled and completely withdrawn.
#44 - Feb. 26, 2007, 3:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
@ Vaneras

You should know, that the little "Fix" will gimp the Bear.

I do not agree to this. I Personally think that the Druid in Bear Form will remain an efficient tank despite generating less threat and providing less damage than before. I personally have my concerns on how the Bear Form will perform in PvP after the patch, (just like everybody else who loves to PvP with their Druids) but I do not think that it will be as bleak and futile as you claim it will be.
#88 - Feb. 26, 2007, 4:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Go look at the warrior forum, theres tons of mad druids right now - claiming the warriors for the druid nerf.

Please report them so that we can have them removed from our forums.