Druids. The Duped class.

#0 - March 21, 2007, 2:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Come on blizzard. This really is the end of the road. Seriously. Sort it out.

To start with over the months all i've witnessed in the these forums are troll posts, and cries of nerf. To which it seems you acted, as the nice player pleasing company you are. Benefit the masses, but ignore the minority. Good business code of conduct eh?

From what i've seen we were overpowered? Insanely. Or so it seems..

Do your employee's actually possess copies of the games themselves in which they've tried levelling a druid from 0 - 70, or do they sit and number crunch statistics and take hap hazzard guesses at possibilities. You've sure as hell got it wrong, that's 100% guaranteed and bonified.

PVP

I sat in Eye of the Storm today. Now for a druid, at my level, i'm reasonably armoured and kitted out. I'm aware i can get better but im aware there's far worse druids out there. I'm also aware I'm on a par with most other classes in terms of gear to my class, and gear to theirs.

Yet I pvp against these so called "underpowered" rogues, and spent the duration of the fight stunned in which they crit me with their "so called" underpowered crits and kill me within seconds. This is me, the overpowered druid.

I battle a mage, and spent the duration in frost nova, in which i get hit by 4k+ crits... Hell, I cant remember the last time I came close to critting that well in dps form. Even with a well structured talent tree and good gear.

But... arent we that OVERPOWERED class everyones shouting about. Well pre nerf. Although DPS kitty wasnt nerfed was it. So why am I still doing underpowered DPS?

Oh yeah let me recall... it's because we're supposed to be...

HYBRID

As above, druids are "apparently" supposed to be the task switching gems of the WoW world. Which is why we have three talent trees split entirely for each different task. So you put a couple of talent points in one, and a couple of talents points in another... and WOW, you're suddenly able to dps AND heal. AT THE SAME TIME!

Or not...

Did you actually take time to think... if this player removes ten + points from feral, and adds those ten+ points to say.... resto, his dps will suffer? OH GREAT, OMFGZER, HE CAN HEAL HIMSELF THOUGH.

Ever tried healing yourself feared or stunned? Or simply while your taking 4k crits from an "underpowered" enemy. it doesnt work. What should i do. Heal myself until I'm oom, and then simply die?

Wicked. HIGH FIVE FOR THE THOUGHT PROCESS PUT INTO THAT ONE.

So let me think... you designed our class.. NOT TO EXCEL at one thing, but to FAIL AT ALL THREE, at the same time. BRILLIANT. MARVELLOUS. Another master mind of thinking there.

And then we move onto our well designed..

ARMOR SETS.

Please remind me which of those armor kits benefits feral in entirety? And is actually designed around a feral druids needs and purpose? Or did I forget... I have the ability to change form... SO I CAN HEAL MYSELF.

Also on this matter, please remind me blizzard when druids (natural shapeshifters) required "mana pots" to shapeshift.

I wasnt aware it was a spell cast like a mage/warlock. I thought it was a druids natural ability? So pray tell me, why does it come with a cost? Surely that means it's not our natural god given ability? ... THINK ABOUT IT.

This leads onto my..

CONCLUSION

Please actually take time to consider the needs of a class your designing. Druids simply aren't druids anymore. We dont excel at any point, our armors badly designed.. come on, what use is the "moonglade" set to any decent feral druid?! Jesus.

I've done 70 levels of druid tanking as a feral druid. I've also MT'd Gruuls Lair (the sham Ziggler), and Kara. I've also done resto for both.

I have experience but jesus guys. When are you actually going to fix this broken class? We dont have any original elements to being a druid. Our shapeshifting costs mana which amuses me somewhat, and those forms we shapeshift into are broken, and without implemented specific armor sets to benefit them.

I was always under the impression the shape shifting was what made this class different. Yet its broken and battered, and without change. FIX THIS CLASS.
#81 - March 21, 2007, 4:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Closing this thread as it is getting out of hand.

I know that topics like this one are highly sensitive because many people have different opinions and at the same time have emotions involved, but please think and keep your head cold before you hit the reply button. There is no need for flames or insults!