About 'constructiveness' to achieve goals

#0 - Nov. 7, 2007, 4:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I’ll keep this short because I don’t like making topics anyway.

The recent outburst with topics about the range issues for druids. In the most recent locked thread Vaneras wrote, and I quote...

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=1511811909&sid=1
Q u o t e:
Please try to be more constructive in the future.

Over the years I have been reading this forum. yes years, there has been a lot of constructive comment on this problem which has not brought the problem any closer to being solved. Many people have given up as although some posts were 'blue tagged' nothing has still happened which leads people to believe they are being ignored.

Vaneras, I know your a forum admin and don’t have control over what the developers do, or in this case don’t do. I'm just asking for some advice on what you think would be the best way to try and clearly and constructively get our point to the developers, the suggestion forum did not work and I would like to know if there could be another way to have this issue addressed.

my original thoughts are something similar to the Class review topic with summary that Schwick made in which we could be assured it would be passed on by an employee or someone that blizzard has given some form of trust/power in(Schwick) but this time geared far more towards one issue with a lot more depth.

Your thoughts?

#30 - Nov. 8, 2007, 2:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I’ll keep this short because I don’t like making topics anyway.

The recent outburst with topics about the range issues for druids. In the most recent locked thread Vaneras wrote, and I quote...

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=1511811909&sid=1

If you think that that thread was constructive and you do not know why it was locked, then it may be a good idea to not post on these forums at all. Posting threads in that manner is just trolling and it is as bad as any type of spam... it is of no use for anyone.

Q u o t e:
Over the years I have been reading this forum. yes years, there has been a lot of constructive comment on this problem which has not brought the problem any closer to being solved. Many people have given up as although some posts were 'blue tagged' nothing has still happened which leads people to believe they are being ignored.

Previous threads of a similar nature may have been blue-tagged, but that is unfortunately never a guarantee that we will get fresh feedback from the developers or that things will be changed. A blue-tag simply means that we appreciated the constructive nature of the thread, that we have read it and will keep an eye on it as it develops, and that we have forwarded the issues, concerns and feedback that was posted in it.

Q u o t e:
Vaneras, I know your a forum admin and don’t have control over what the developers do, or in this case don’t do. I'm just asking for some advice on what you think would be the best way to try and clearly and constructively get our point to the developers, the suggestion forum did not work and I would like to know if there could be another way to have this issue addressed.

Your best strategy is to keep posting in a constructive manner as you have already been doing for so long. An issue or a concern might have been discussed before, but that should not discourage you from posting about it again. We do read these forums every day, and the topics that are being discussed the most on the forums are forwarded to the developers as being important. But it should be emphasized that the issues that you think is most urgent, may be different from what the developers believe to be most urgent, and that is why you sometimes see things unchanged despite the fact that you find them to be very annoying.

it often goes like this:
You are focussed on the Druid class and as such care little for other issues than those that are effecting your class. The developers do not have that luxury, because they must at all times be focussed on the entire game as a whole, and therefore must look at all issues as a whole. And when you look at all issues as a whole, then it is very likely that some issues need addressing more than the current issue that is currently bugging you the most as a Druid.

And I think I should mention here also that the suggestions forum works just fine. People use it to post suggestions, and we read through that forum on a regular basis looking for suggestions to forward to the developers. However, you posting a suggestion is never a guarantee that it will ever be implemented.

Q u o t e:
my original thoughts are something similar to the Class review topic with summary that Schwick made in which we could be assured it would be passed on by an employee or someone that blizzard has given some form of trust/power in(Schwick) but this time geared far more towards one issue with a lot more depth.

Your thoughts?

We do not have class representatives who speaks for an entire class and there are several reasons for this, which I will not get into right now. Schwick does have a unique position to forward certain things to us since he is an MVP, so yes he did forward summaries to us from the class review topics he made in each class forum. Feel free to suggest to him that he continues to do that on a regular basis, but please rest assured that we do read the things you post in this forum. We read through all class forums several times each day, so do not be afraid that big and important threads with many pages gets missed or ignored.
#37 - Nov. 8, 2007, 3:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Does this mean that you acknowledge that the feral range bug exists? O.o

Or am I just hoping too much and seeing things : >

I am saying we have read what you have posted about it and forwarded it to the developers :-)