how do you do it? A question to GM's/CM's

#1 - May 9, 2011, 3:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
How do CM's and GM's exist in our society stealthly? I mean you guys develop and work with this game. I bet you guys get super annoyed when you see some of the players. The rude ones especially. Or stubborn at that.

So I gott ask you guys, a few questions
Do any of you lead raids/guild master of large/successful guilds?
Do you guys use VOIP programs in raids?
Have you ever(mainly popular CM's) been questioned that you are a cm/gm
How do you guys keep quiet about who you are? Especially when you know how things should be done
Do you guys take personal experiences to the dev table? Such as logs?
How do you guys exist w/o slipping up, or do you guys all play together in ur own little guild?

thanksteph
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#4 - May 9, 2011, 3:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/09/2011 03:06 PMPosted by Drachekriegr
I can imagine there are a few GMs that have their own play accounts. Why sell something you don't use yourself?

All of the CMs have personal play accounts. And they all use them regularly.

Do any of you lead raids/guild master of large/successful guilds?
Do you guys use VOIP programs in raids?
Have you ever(mainly popular CM's) been questioned that you are a cm/gm
How do you guys keep quiet about who you are? Especially when you know how things should be done
Do you guys take personal experiences to the dev table? Such as logs?
How do you guys exist w/o slipping up, or do you guys all play together in ur own little guild?

thanksteph

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

You just don't talk about it. That's much easier than you might think.

Sometimes we add our own personal experiences to the agenda. The vast majority of questions we ask in dev meetings were raised by players on forums, via e-mail, or in comments threads that we study constantly.

Again, it's quite easy to not talk about certain things that you've been required to keep to yourself. We make it a part of the fun of working as a CM.