Range Bug - Forum ban

#0 - Nov. 4, 2007, 2:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Basicly every druid that posted the "Range Bug" threat got a permanent forums ban. My question is: Blizzard does a miserable job handling druids since 2004 and there are no consequences. Some guys make a trolling joke and get a permanent ban instantly, even if it is the first forum suspension\ban ever.

Seriously Blizzard, is this pure druid hate or you can't handle criticism?

As someone posted @ http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=1512021538&sid=1 :

Q u o t e:
"Trial and error. After 2.5 years of rational debate, which resulted in absolutely no improvement, one might understand the impetus behind the spam.".

I don't believe the spamming was the way to go, but permanently baning about 30 druids from the forums for this seems a bit of an over react, doesn't it?
#48 - Nov. 5, 2007, 10:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We have forum guidelines for a reason, and we expect everybody posting on these forums to abide by them. Violating the forum guidelines by spamming the forums is not acceptable. Campaigns to flood the forums with multiple threads about the same issue is even worse and cannot be tolerated, because this particular type of spamming is rendering the forum unusable for everyone else.

Violating the forum guidelines in an attempt to bring your point across is not the way to go… no matter how righteous you may consider your cause to be. If you cannot abide by the rules set for posting on these forums, then your privilege to post on these forums will be removed. It is that simple.

This response has nothing to do with discrimination or hatred toward Feral Druids; it is a response to people breaking the rules of the forum. Nothing more, nothing less!

The bans that have been issued can be considered quite severe indeed, and I am sure some those who participated in these events will feel like they have been treated unfairly, which of course is something that will always be debatable since we all look at things in a different way… we are all humans after all.

We have said this before, but we will say it again; We cannot and will not discuss or handle suspension cases through the forums due to legal and privacy matters, but feel free to contact us through the community webform if you have questions or comments regarding a forum ban: https://www.wow-europe.com/community/webform/index.html (Category: Forums)
#53 - Nov. 5, 2007, 10:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thanks Vaneras (think you must be the best?), however you might wanna fix the broken link ^^;
Gonna try and appeal... I wanna update my project!

Hmm... The link works fine in Firefox, but it seems troublesome in IE. Try this one if you are an IE user: http://www.wow-europe.com/community/webform/index.html
#63 - Nov. 5, 2007, 11:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

As a druid i can understand the spam, after 2.5 years of having it and every other means failing. Especially since the outbreak of the paladins had succes this was worth a shot.

The Paladins did not get threat reduction because they spammed on the forums, in fact there were already talks of a threat reduction implementation for Paladins before the spam campaign happened... This was even communicated in some posts days before the spam.

The mere thought of spam campaigns being a viable way of getting things "fixed" is ridiculous… I wish to make it very clear that participating in such campaigns will only affect your ability to post on these forums, so please try to think of more constructive ways to vent your frustrations. Forum spam does not affect the decisions of the developers when it comes to game design.