An humble call to order and peace

#0 - May 16, 2007, 3:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
(and this extends to the non druids writing here as well).

This thread started as a reply to
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=286911305&sid=1

At a certain point, for some reason I felt like bringing it to the general attention as a call to stop the current sad trend which is becoming the norm on this forum.
Flames, baiting, more flames, name calling, unchecked banned trolls borrowing accounts to circumvent the ban and keep flaming.

This should stop, I am sure we were and can still be better than this.

We had hot "debates" since at least patch 1.7 but always with some good manners, with common sense. With *care*.

Q u o t e:

When I rolled a druid in August 2006 after playing WoW for over a year, I was amazed at the community on this forums. I had never seen a community so polite and willing to help others learn. The amount of patience it took for people to teach me how to tank, was just amazing.

Sadly, this community seems to have changed as evidenced by the quoted post and the other Arena related e-peen posts.

The change in community was a big downside of our 2 weeks of FOTM class at beginning of TBC.
People of the most different mentalities rushed rolling a druid.
Most left at Big Nerf Day never to be seen again and won't be missed.
Several brought new "blood" into the class and are pretty much fine, they really talk like the "old druids".
But they prefer creating one alt (usually while I tank ;P) and talk with me instead of posting.
They always repeat the same thing:

"Hello, I am XXXXXX, you probably don't know me because I don't post on the forums"
"Why don't you post?"
"Because I am scared / timid / kind person and don't want to post and be heavily flamed and steamrolled by the prepotent shouters"
"Allright, then what do you want to say?"
"I'd like you post my concern about A, B, C, I'd like to know more about D, E, F. Please do it for me".

And do you want to know the truth? They are RIGHT on all the line.

One guy is German and I relate why he won't post here. He'd be told how his post is unreadable, how "block of text crits you for XXXX" and a lot of idiotic crap nowadays so abundant.

One guy has some concerns. Guess what, I post them and all I get is "LOL L2P. LOL did you eBay?" (by druids that did not even Molten Core as they were level 30 in Dec 2006). "STFU and quit whining, we are fine, L2P". All of this if I verbatim type a post of those guys that don't dare posting here. Or stopped daring posting here, as they are assaulted by a storm of rabid dogs enraged by famine.

This should really stop. Our Class does not deserve such a bad reputation and fame.

The silent druids are stuffed of reading every day the same flaming and trolling, to dare posting once in their life asking for advice and being completely flooded in excrements. And any objection is met with: "LOL your armory SUCKS so STFU. LOL you can't talk, you don't have 2400+ rating. LOL you don't even farm that piss easy SSC, you don't have any right to talk.

We have already our baggage of other classes trolls doing their best to ruin our home, we should be superior (I don't exclude myself from all of the wrong listed above) and behave like the "non WoW standard", above average maturity class.

Q u o t e:

True, tho from name I only know Ra (?) and Athenaira (or whatever :X) because he posts some good things at the pally forums to if I'm right, now when browsing these forums (because I'm making a druid alt) one of the only things you see are whines about the arena rating ..

Ra is the hunter alt of Ceradyn, a pretty much ancient druidess with a strong attachment for her class and her spec.
Athinira is "the brain", the person that does the number crunching others like me find tedious or not intuitive.
I am but another old fart druid posting nonsense supporting feral druids since 2 years and that believes in the "druids all together to stand up in the world" approach.

There are more that write or wrote good things, Terentius, Emmerald.

Since you want to do a new druid I suggest to read the efforts of all those people at http://druid.wikispaces.com/

It's an huge amount of material to grasp the infinite depth of our class.

Else, be patient for about some more days, I am preparing a little thing to help those like you getting started on a new druid.

Sahrokh,
who always does every mistake but in good faith.
#60 - May 21, 2007, 2:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Worth a blue-tag imo... This is a good message that I wish more people would listen to.