C.A. developers: please put your act together

#0 - Nov. 23, 2007, 10:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
And no, it's not a flame, it's really an "have your departments actually talk each other" call.

(Notice this is in the eyes of a feral druid, feel free to add your additional thoughts as other specs)

The months are passing and this trend is really getting old already.

The days were we were "good" enough to get an immediate and never completely recovered nerf, long gone.

Still, every and each major issue - no buff asked, just issue - and bug affecting us is not fixed, ignored, totally uncared for.

Come next minor patch, more buffs for other classes are coming, last patch other classes buffs already taking their effects enough to raise nerf threads in other forums.

What's left to do for us delusional players that for some unexplicable illogic reason want to stick to our class (because of its unique features / whatever) to achieve pure long due bug fixes?

What legitimate to do since posting suggestions does not work, spamming does not work, rioting does not work, middle fingers (more or less) don't work yet the forum moderators ask us to be polite and constructive?

Ok, many give up and quit or reroll but why, please explain the deep why we are reduced to this status of exausted beggars for mercy?

1) Range bug or whatever hell you want to call it: it's about time you do something about it.

It's Y E A R S we succumb in PvE and PvP to it, the US branch of your Company apparently decided that everyone in Europe or Oceania are third rate customers and don't deserve to be effective with their character.

I kindly remind you it's a bug fix we ask for, not for the Holy Grail or for some unintended favoritism of buff.
If you are not capable to reduce the effects of latency in your product (something a 3 developers MMO company managed to achieve - and I play on a US server from Europe without a glitch), please introduce a mechanism in game to allow us to keep opponents within our reach.

I am not asking for a specific skill or spell, nor it's my job to do it, just do something, 3 years of complete lack of action for a game breaking issue is preposterous in a modern age company, expecially a private one.

2) Scaling. Ok, reading the last developer "notes" we learnt we are "offspecs" unworth of a proper loot table and have to bottom feed on trash mobs or badges.
Fine. But why do we have to lose worth as time passes and the other mainstay classes improve?

Why do we begin perfectly balanced at Karazhan but then at BT we are barely worth a spot, and only as prize for having helped our guild getting there?

Dear Developers, believe it or not, there are hard core, dedicated players even among the druids ranks, we care to excel.

You lately - and very very late - kind of changed some of our mechanics to improve us a bit.

But how comes, you buff other classes beyond logic and have forums flooded of complaints but for druids you take timid, baby steps and only past months?
Where are our sweeping changes you felt fair to give left and right to other classes in difficulty, after YOU stated how you noticed we "under perform"?

3) Common sense and basic understanding of your own game. Again I stress on no one is asking for any buff.

I am not in your production cycle and QA, yet I feel there are some gaping holes beyond software working properly.

You give the distinct feeling you are fractioned in non communicating departments, and their state of advancement in development is not synchronized.

Only then becomes understandable how you alter class mechanics without re-tuning talents or gear for it.

Now, I hereby challenge a developer to explain any of the following:

- You removed our strength bonus yet left the already insufficient Nurturing Instinct unchanged?

- You had to be almost strangled by us, the "clueless end users" to fix our T4 gloves to have druid stats? Which in the end you did, but hey what a chore! And why do the players need to know more than your itemization department?

- Our tier SIX weapon is still based on wrong stats as of today despite the many suggestions.

- Our best PvE weapons come ALL from PvP arena. Doesn't this ring you something?

- Our PvE gloves lack of any +hit. Our S3 gloves have it.

- On the contrary, our best PvP bonus, instant heal, a godsend for feral druid, is only available with two tier 5 PvE gloves.
I won't even mention about our PvP gloves bonus.

- Among the best PvE tank bracers in game, the PvP bracers.

- The best threat generation tank idol, even after the latest releases, is a blue coming from Stratholme, that is 10 levels ago. And this after said blue has been visibly nerfed!

- One of the best healing idols is again a blue, not an epic and not even 70.

- The best balance spec idol looked like having a sense, it was epic at last. But no, feeling like balance spec druids were not treated bad enough by this game, you had to insta-nerf it so much that now it revealed to be a waste of badges, a level 68 blue being again the best.

How do you even justify a blue being better than an epic, did you bother performing any test, any planning at all?

I could go on with similar examples for pages. No one asks for a buff, just that you finally put some basic common sense when dealing with us.

I.e. the very meaning at speccing Furor is to have *instant* rage for feral charge yet you managed to implement it so that latency partially devoids it of effect.
What about a workaround like suggested so many times?

Why did you spend valuable and expensive graphics "artists" time to modify the horde cat form, if all what has been achieved is a marginal improvement at the price of polygons tearing and crossing and un-natural, very amateurish looks?

Why did we spent months describing feral druids issues, and then you went to improve ravage, which finds almost no usage at 70?

Why do we keep abilities like rake and tiger's fury when they are basically level 60 worth skills, never really updated to be worth having on an hot key bar at 70?

Why, even after 11 months we are still left "nerfed" and our bear damage is the same we had at 60, yet every other class skyrocketed and now does double or triple the damage compared to February? What's wrong with us?

Why the class most relying on armor and stamina, gets capped at the former and below mage stamina on PvP sets for the latter?

Why a very quick check shows me thirteen level 136+ rogue daggers (I won't even count maces and swords) while feral druids got ... what?

Why feral druids are the single thing in game unable to switch to an high sustained damage, low crit rate spec and thus automatically weak in arena?

Why are resto druids labelled Primary Healer yet past 3 years they are not taken in 5 men instances because they are the single healer unable to out of combat ress even with 61 restoration points?

Why every other class in game is well benefitted by "end game" haste and minus armor gear, why every single other class and spec in game can benefit off procs, windfury totem, enchant procs and potions except ours?

Why do I have the strongest feeling every other class will be able in WoLTK to customize their looks and hair except our forms, the very same looks since level 10?

Why I just noticed a similar US druids thread which reached auto-thread lock cap yet none bothered answering in there?
If even in the USA where developer reside, there's no hope to even get a "ok we read it", what alternative, what way is left to us?

Weren't forums made for players feedback? How do you expect feedback continuing being constructive, when it's like talking to a stone wall?

Why even when something is done, it's completely out of this world, like the un-needed and pointless buff to ravage, while hundred-fold more important bugs and issues are still here after years?
The feeling is of an aphatic and distant company, who never bothered hiring community managers, secluded in a tall ivory tower, that finally lost every contact with the player base and the reality they live in.
#601 - Jan. 31, 2008, 8:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just adding a link to the new thread:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=2405326866&sid=1