Tree Of Life NEED RESS Blizzy read pls!!!!

#0 - June 24, 2007, 3:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm really angry because i can only be a support healdruid in raid
I'm really nagry because person kick me from party or Eroic because i haven't ress.
Why all class that have healing can be ress and druid no ?

I HAVE A SOLUTION!

restoration 41 point

Three of life
800 mana
Transform the druid into a elemental tree of life.
While in this form incrase the healing recive by 25%,
of your total spirit for all party members whitin 45 yard.
Your movement speed is reduce by 20%.
In this form you can only cast istant spell and regrowth
but the mana cost of this spell is reduce of 20%
In addiotion you take "Growth life"

Growth Life :
3500 mana
15 second cast
You can use this spell only in a party.
The player ress whit 5% of life and
5% of mana.
This spell can be use when all member
of your party are out of combat.

What do you tink about this solution ?
#16 - June 27, 2007, 2:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm really angry because i can only be a support healdruid in raid
I'm really nagry because person kick me from party or Eroic because i haven't ress.
Why all class that have healing can be ress and druid no ?

1. The Druid have a resurrection ability, which can even be used while in combat. Albeit it has a long cooldown, but it is a resurrection ability nonetheless.
2. If Druids had the same abilities as other healing classes, then why choose to play with those classes at all?

My point is that all classes are different from one another, and it is supposed to be that way.

Q u o t e:
I HAVE A SOLUTION!

restoration 41 point

Three of life
800 mana
Transform the druid into a elemental tree of life.
While in this form incrase the healing recive by 25%,
of your total spirit for all party members whitin 45 yard.
Your movement speed is reduce by 20%.
In this form you can only cast istant spell and regrowth
but the mana cost of this spell is reduce of 20%
In addiotion you take "Growth life"

Growth Life :
3500 mana
15 second cast
You can use this spell only in a party.
The player ress whit 5% of life and
5% of mana.
This spell can be use when all member
of your party are out of combat.

What do you tink about this solution ?

Interesting suggestion indeed, which I will note down for sure, however I personally do not think that we will ever get to see a "normal" resurrection ability being given to Druids.
#23 - June 27, 2007, 3:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

If Druids dont have a Out of combat Res and all the other Healing classes do, Why would anyone want to play with a Druid.

Because of the many other abilities that Druids have, which the other healing classes don't have... Do you see what I am trying to say with this?

If one healing class has the same abilities as other healing classes plus a little more, then there would be no reason to play with those other healing classes at all. Each healing class are good and strong at their own particular thing, as is intended, and that is why we have different healing classes. One group of players might prefer one type of healer that is strong in one field, whereas another group prefer another type of healer that is strong in a different field. If all healing classes could do exactly the same, then there really wouldn't be a reason to have different healing classes... It all comes down to choice really, because you cannot have it all.
#29 - June 27, 2007, 3:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Can i hope that applies to tanking role also, because feral spec competes with both rogues/dps warriors for melee dps and with prot paladins/prot warriors for tank job.

It applies to all roles, not just healing roles... That is the philosophy behind it anyways, which is also one of the reasons why perfect game balance can be hard to achieve in certain situations, because there are so many different variables to take into consideration.

But that is a whole different topic to discuss, and it therefore really should be discussed in another thread than this one.
#34 - June 27, 2007, 3:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Yes i see what you are saying, But it simply does not work!

I can see the reason for why you say this, but I cannot agree on this... Not entirely at least.

Q u o t e:
Not having an Out of Combat Resurrection with No CD is too much of a drawback, In Heroics people die all the time, Like i said in an earlier post.
In a game where you can get 1 shotted due to a polymorph resist or a dodgy crit. A Resto Druid isnt going to get very far only ressurecting once every 30 minutes

This is true... Out of combat resurrection is very important in Heroics, but that does not mean that Druids are not useful as healers in Heroics just because they don't have that ability. There are 3 other classes that can resurrect out of combat(plus jumper cables if you have a lucky engineer in your group), so if you have one of those classes with you in your group, then you are covered fairly well... Nobody says that the main healer has to be the same person that is also has to do all the resurrecting.
#37 - June 27, 2007, 3:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

another issue (the most urgent and important imo) is the fact that resto druids are the healers with least survivability of all the 4, and we dont make it up with anything else, not with buffs, not with support, resto druid is inferior to all other healers in every way and that is important to be fixed.

That is a whole different matter that doesn't really have anything to do with druids needing out of combat resurrection or not.

Q u o t e:
either reduce resto druid vulnerability (for example making tree imune to all CCs including stuns and ofc banish would be nice, not imune to CS, silence or kick/pummel) or by increasing our survivability (permanent barkskin, preferably not in the form of tree of life since that form is VERY bad for pvp as it is).

these are just suggestions.

Suggestions are always nice :-)
#49 - June 27, 2007, 4:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
After reading the reply from vaneras i still wonder what the intention is with the druids healing.

We have had the debate about hte HoTs and heroic, that they dont heal enough to keep a tank up, especially when the tank isnt uber geared yet. Ok, dont go in tree form and its settled, nps.
But the OOC rez debate still bothers me.
I havent done many heroic instances yet, mostly because i dont have time, but also because when i join a party as healer, another party spot is immediately taken by a class that has a OOC res. Simply because waiting for 1 party member to corpse run due to a simple resist or lag spike just takes to long ( people get one-two shotted in heroics, and that will stay intill every1 has cleared SSC i think).

As I said before, out of combat resurrection is indeed important in Heroics especially if the Tank is poorly geared. And it is also clear that having no out of combat resurrection is a drawback for the resto Druid who plays in Heroics... But limiting yourself with specific class combinations in groups and pigeon-holing those classes with specific class roles can be an equally large drawback... Especially when it comes to Heroics. If you are having trouble with forming a group and are unable to find a specific class and role combination for your Heroics group that you would like, then you have to compromise and look for other ways to form a group. A Druid can function very well as a main healer in a group, and if the group for an example has a Shadow Priest or a Shaman with them for DPS, then the lack of no out of combat resurrection issue is covered right there.

Q u o t e:
So by taking a druid as a healer, you always need an offspecced other healing class with you. So then you already have 2 spots taken in a 5-man group to sort out the healing and rezzing. That is just to much, especially when you can skip the problem and take a healer who does have a OOC rez.
And i know that we do have a rez, yes yes, but 30 min CC is waaaaaay to much to even think about it as a solution to this problem. Especially with a group that doesnt have a very good tank, people will die much more.

Taking a so called "offspecced" healing class with you to fill the second spot is not necessarily a bad thing. Healing classes are often very good at other things than just healing or resurrecting, which is why you see so many "offspecced" healing classes that are not super interested in just being healers all the time. I think that the example I mentioned above with a Resto Druid and a Shadow Priest or a Shaman will be a good choice to bring with you in a Heroics group, even though they do not serve the traditional class roles. With two spots taken with for an example a Shadow Priest or Shaman and a Resto Druid, then you both DPS, Healing and out of combat resurrection. That leaves you 3 slots for Tanks, additional DPS, off-tanks or even secondary healers.

Q u o t e:
It really saddens me that i can get more spots in groups when im balance specced then when im healing specced, even when there are no healers available. people just dont want to take a healing druid with them in heroics, unless they are certain that they can handle themselves very well.

That is in my opinion an unfortunate result of the self limiting pigeon-holing mentality that are often dominant among many players... Especially in PUGs. I have noted down your concern however, and I will make sure that it is forwarded to the developers.
#53 - June 27, 2007, 4:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

2 reasons for this :

a)No out of combat rez. You might say that this is working as intended, but that is from the time of Non-heroic instances. On heroics, you cant simply expect that no player dies, if you think that is the idea, of no deaths, then you are going against yourselfs, that made heroics to be chalenging... no ppl dying = no chalenge realy, too easy, so ppl DO die. and this puts druid with a terrible disadvantage.

b) hots dont cut it. Tree of life doesnt work on the majority of heroic fights, and outside of tree of life, casts are too slow and hots simply dont cut it, the damage spikes are too large.

The notes I wrote down looks pretty much like this by the way, however I worded it slightly different though :-)
#151 - June 28, 2007, 2:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I do not have much new to say in this discussion, but I just wanted to thank you guys for the continued input :-)