Dungeon Finder CtA: Mounts

#1 - May 3, 2011, 1:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
EDIT: issue has been addressed. putting it here for visibility:
Looking back on it I have to admit it's worded fairly poorly. The intent has always been that they won't contain raid mounts, but can contain mounts from anywhere else. It's really at the discretion of the designers to choose the mounts, we just didn't want people to think it'd be dropping Mimiron's Head or anything like that. You're right, it's a bit misleading. I wish we had caught that.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks Bashiok,

that's all I was really looking for. Honestly I would support TCG loot in bags, or event Argent Tournament loot in the bags (yes I have done AT dailies for mounts on multiple toons). It was indeed "poor wording" (twice...) so I am glad we cleared this up. This raises new questions: would cross faction mounts be in the bag?

=====================
I have a great aggravation about the BoA Satchel of Exotic Mysteries contents.

There has been enough said by Mount / Vanity pet collectors on the subject already. However, lets skip the basics and say that any and every vanity pet goes into these Satchel of Exotic Mysteries. FINE, whatever. Even though the Argent Tournament ones require dailies and tokens, whatever. Even though that Sporebat required Sporeggar rep, WHATEVER.

The mounts, however:
The pets offered come from a wide variety of sources, and include companions like the Razzashi Hatchling, Cockatiel, and Tiny Sporebat, but the mounts are those specifically only available through dungeons (not raids), like the Reins of the Raven Lord from Sethekk Halls, Swift White Hawkstrider from Magister's Terrace, and Deathcharger's Reins from Stratholme.

For the love of god, tell me in what universe does
Reins of the Green Proto-Drake
Reins of the White Polar Bear
Drop from DUNGEONS. Last I Checked, Blizzard, Reins of the Green Proto-Drake is for hatching a 3-day egg (USED to be 7!!). This Reins of the White Polar Bear comes from doing Storm Peak dailies.

So really, pour some more salt on this. Non tank/healer characters get one chance to get Green-Proto every 3 days. Chance for bear once every day, just like BC mounts that have Heroic dungeon locks.

Really?
Dungeon-only mounts?
Why not just throw in every friggin mount. Throw in the PVP mounts and TCG mounts too. At this rate, why not the damn RAID mounts?
At least you would be more consistent.

Liars.

And that is what pisses me off the most.
Someone quote here when, where, and why Blizzard feels non-dungeon mounts belong in this Satchel. It was not in their revision post about BoA:
We also wanted to clarify, mounts that have a possibility to be found in a Satchel of Exotic Mysteries are found with the same rarity as if you had slain the dungeon boss that normally drops them.

I'd like a real explanation on what prompted this. Your dungeon mounts not good enough?
If yes, then do as I say, add in TCG mounts and everything. <blockquote/>
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#43 - May 5, 2011, 11:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Looking back on it I have to admit it's worded fairly poorly. The intent has always been that they won't contain raid mounts, but can contain mounts from anywhere else. It's really at the discretion of the designers to choose the mounts, we just didn't want people to think it'd be dropping Mimiron's Head or anything like that. You're right, it's a bit misleading. I wish we had caught that.

Sorry for the confusion.