Will Blizz ever balance horde/alliance

#1 - May 4, 2011, 9:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
In terms of pvp? According to mmo champion horde won a whopping 10% more last year, and from my experience and others on alliance i know, those numbers have only gone UP.

I enjoy pvp, bgs in particular. However lately there is no enjoyment in bgs if you are ALLIANCE.

Out of the past 10 bgs Ive done Ive won 1, and we had zero healers in almost every game. This isn't an exaggeration this is normal now apparently.

All i know is alot of people are either going to quit or transfer to horde, further increasing the imbalance if blizz does nothing.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#28 - May 4, 2011, 11:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/04/2011 04:29 PMPosted by Tapisarogue
Bump for balance

You know, a lot of players asked you a lot of good questions. They want you to clarify exactly what you're asking for. Frankly, I want the same.

Assuming the numbers you referenced from a third-party site about win/loss ratios between factions are accurate -- color me skeptical -- do you believe the Horde won 10% more often in Battlegrounds because of the way the two factions are designed (in terms of gameplay)?

If so, what distinct design imbalances exist between the two factions that you believe would cause the Horde to win overall in Battlegrounds 10% more often? They'd have to be major imbalances to produce such a ratio.

If it's not by design, but by player preference -- meaning more PvP-oriented players perhaps tend to roll Horde -- then what do you suggest we do? You say people will quit if we do nothing. Would they not quit if we maybe forced a percentage of PvPing Horde players over to Alliance?

Here is my take. If there are any discrepancies in Battleground performance between Horde and Alliance, they exist in each individual Battleground (not all of which favor Horde), are almost negligible in the grand scheme of balance to which you're referring, and really aren't reflective of overall design flaws. In terms of gameplay, the two factions are roughly equivalent. We designed both with love and care -- what faction, race, and class you choose to pick should entirely be based on your personal preference.

So, while there might be very small design flaws in making all Battlegrounds absolutely even for each faction, every other discrepancy is more a sociological issue. Could you argue we've designed one faction to be more appealing than another? I guess so, but then you're really starting to press into subjective arguments.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#72 - May 4, 2011, 5:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/04/2011 05:18 PMPosted by Snakesolid
It seems to me the Alliance attracts an overwhleming amount of egotistical, self-loving, emotionally and psychologycally stunted people.

You know Zarhym plays a Gnome warlock?

<3
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#312 - May 6, 2011, 10:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/06/2011 01:32 PMPosted by Albido
We designed both with love and care --

This made me rofl. Really. Blizz it would be more understandable to now say "Yeah guys, we like the horde better. Sorry..."

But we don't. Really. So it's a little annoying that you repeatedly spout this stuff as fact because, from your specific perspective and gameplay vantage point, you actually start to believe we would design one faction with more favor than another. The idea is moderately stupid from a lore standpoint, but incredibly dumb from a business standpoint.

Stop saying it. I don't care what anecdotal examples you come across while playing. The bigger picture lacks the conspiracy you wish could justify your complaint.